SA | Yorke Peninsula (Narungga)
Join Wise Women Walkers on our Weekender for a taste of Yorke Peninsula walking.
We walk along sections of the most gorgeous coastal parts of lower Yorke Peninsula and Dhilba Guuranda – Innes National Park, staying in comfortable accommodation each night. All meals are included plus a winery visit with tastings on the way home.
This trip is perfect for beginners (able to walk up to 12km) and requires a basic level of fitness.
Professionally led by our qualified and experienced outdoor leaders, ladies, it’s time to Walk the Yorke!
Small group multi day walking tour for women involving day walks and comfortable accommodation each night
- A good level of fitness is required to walk on the trails on this trip.
- We will be walking with day packs carrying up to 5kg.
- You should be able to walk on a variety of surfaces: undulating trails, rocky paths and soft sand up to 6 hours.
- Our longest walking day is 13km.
Our drive today will start at 7am from Adelaide. We will commence the 300km journey to Yorke Peninsula stopping for comfort stops and lunch – Along the way we visit a cool chocolate shop…..well worth a visit!
In the afternoon, we will walk along the stunning coastline near Marion Bay. Following the Walk the Yorke Trail. Distance approx 8km.
We return to our accommodation for a cosy dinner with stunning ocean views and gorgeous balconies to take it in from.
Meals Included: lunch, dinner, snacks
This morning, after breakfast, we follow the Walk The Yorke Trail to Stenhouse Bay. Distance of approximately 8km.
This walk will be along a variety of beach, coastal trail and quiet streets. The views along this trail in places are stunning and show the rugged coastline of Dhilba Guuranda – Innes National Park.
Once at Stenhouse Bay we will enjoy a picnic lunch before hopping on our luxury transport and visiting some amazing sites. We will do a few short walks to sites such as Ethel Wreck, West Cape Lighthouse or a 3km beach walk along a surf beach, for those who love to hear pounding surf. We might meet a few emus along the way if we are lucky today!
We return to our accommodation for sundowners and dinner.
Meals Included: breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, evening nibbles
Today we return to gorgeous Dhilba Guuranda – Innes National Park for our final Walk the Yorke experience – an inland historic walk to Inneston. Once here we will have time to wander the old buildings and township before making our way to a winery for tastings, cheese platters and lunch.
Fulfilled, we journey back to Adelaide with comfort stops along the way arriving back at approximately 5pm.
Meals Included: breakfast, lunch, snacks
Please contact us before booking flights if you are joining us from interstate.
- Read terms and conditions before booking
- Itinerary and price subject to change at any time
- Travel Insurance is recommended – click here for a quote from Covermore
- Group share rooming applies, single rooms are limited, surcharge of $200 per person
- Note weather, group member welfare and a range of circumstances outside our control can mean last minute changes to our itinerary are necessary once on tour
- Private transport to and from the Yorke Peninsula is included from Adelaide, with multiple pick up points available in transit
- Please contact us before booking flights if you are joining us from interstate
Gear you will need:
- Rainproof jacket and pants (this is a must if wet weather is forecast)
- Backpack 35 litre
- Water bottle/hydration kit
- Personal medications
- Clothing suitable for bushwalking that is quick drying, warm layers if chilly
- Sun protection such as hat, sunglasses and suncream, insect repellent (head/hat nets are good for the flies!)
- Sleeping attire
- Walking poles
A minimum of 7 travellers are required for this trip to depart.
See travel terms and conditions here
Comfortable private vehicle
All meals as per the itinerary
B x 2 | L x 3 | D x 2
2 nights comfortable motel/apartment style accommodation
Guided Yorke Peninsula walking on trails, Dhilba Guuranda – Innes National Park, Chocolate Shop, Winery
- 2 nights comfortable accommodation
- Comfortable private transport for the duration of the tour
- All meals and snacks as mentioned on the itinerary inc 2 course dinners and evening nibbles platters
- Winery tastings, platters and pizza lunch
- Professionally led walks by our leaders qualified in Bushwalking Leadership and Remote Area First Aid
- Group First Aid kit and emergency communication device
- Big Heart Adventures head sock
- National Park entry fees
- A charity contribution to our Give Back program
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary
- Items of a personal nature