Southern Flinders Ranges walking tour for women
Creeks, Climbs and Connection
Join women walking the Southern Flinders Ranges on a Weekender to Nukunu and Banggarla Country.
Find Yourself Be Yourself Challenge Yourself with this 3 day adventure.
Walking pack-free (day pack only) we enjoy easy-moderate walks in ancient landscapes with views, connection time, fresh meals, and comfortable group accommodation.
With yoga by our qualified instructor and also the option to sleep under the stars in a swag.
Professionally led by our qualified and experienced female bushwalking leaders, we affectionately call this trip 3 Days 3 Walks 3 Bakeries.
We depart Adelaide at 8am and hit the highway heading north. Our first stop is at Port Wakefield for morning tea with a choice of bakeries on offer. You have the opportunity to walk it off though with a stunning hike at Mambray Creek. Our walk takes around 2 hours on various easy and moderate trails, and includes an invitation to connect with wise old river red gums and ancient creek beds. We enjoy a picnic lunch here too.
We then head to our comfortable accommodation for a 2 night stay. Optional yoga session this afternoon.
Meals Included: Lunch, Trail Snacks, 2 Course Dinner
Walking Distance: 4km
Today is our biggest day of walking, we take on the Dutchman’s Stern – a stunning 11km hike again with the most amazing views of the Conservation Park and wider Flinders Ranges all the way to the Spencer Gulf. We will pack lunch and enjoy a picnic along the way, returning to our accommodation for our final evening with grazing platters while watching a magnificent Flinders sunset. Optional yoga session and therapeutic foot bath this afternoon.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Trail Snacks, 2 Course Dinner
Walking Distance: 11km
Although we travel back to Adelaide today, we make the most of the views near Wilmington and follow the inland roads.
We start our day with a Flinders Ranges sunrise before heading to the stunning Alligator Gorge and our final hike. The terrain here is rugged and a magical experience.
A lunch stop at an iconic bakery famous for gourmet pies and quandong tarts is a tradition (Bakery number 3!) After a fulfilling lunch, we should arrive in Adelaide at approximately 5pm. Please do not book flights for this evening.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Trail Snacks
Walking Distance: 4km
Need To Know
- Yoga mat
- All meals and snacks as per the itinerary
- 2 course dinners
- Grazing platters
- B x 2 | L x 2 | D x 2
- The Dutchman’s Stern Homestead and Quarters
- 2 nights triple share bunk rooms (2 single rooms)
- option to bring a swag and sleep under the stars
- Professionally guided walks by our female Leaders
- Iconic bakeries
- Optional yoga with qualified instructor
- Therapeutic foot bath
- Each trip has 2 Guides/Leaders
- Group First Aid kit and emergency communication device
- Leaders certified in Remote Area/Wilderness First Aid
- Qualified Bushwalking Leaders
- Small group guided experience
- Leave No Trace principles
- Invitations to connect with nature
- Reduce waste through recycling, reusing and composting
- National Park entry fees
Big Heart Extras
- Big Heart Adventures designed head sock
- A charity contribution to our Give Back program
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary
- Items of a personal nature
- Swag (if applicable)
A detailed packing list is provided prior to travel
- Gear you will need:
- Rainproof jacket and pants
- Daypack (35 litre approx.)
- Water bottles/hydration kit (min 2Ltrs)
- Personal medications
- Clothing suitable for walking that is quick drying and breathable – consider merino/synthetic clothing
- Sun protection such as hat, sunglasses and suncream, insect repellent
- Sleeping attire
- Sleeping gear (pillow, sleeping bag and sheet, or blankets/quilt)
There are stairs, uneven surfaces and moving luggage to and from accommodation, plus walking bush trails on this trip. Please talk to us about your accessibility needs before booking