Wise Women Walkers join us on our Weekender to the stunning Clare Valley.
Find Yourself Be Yourself Challenge Yourself with this 3 day adventure!
Carrying a day pack only on easy-moderate trails each day (between wineries!). Returning to comfortable accommodation each night with relaxation and freshly cooked meals.
Professionally led by our qualified and experienced bushwalking leaders – ladies, it’s time to walk with us!
Small group multi day adventure for women to the world-famous Clare Valley in South Australia.
- Date: 23/10/20 – 25/10/20
- Destination: Clare Valley
- Type: Weekender
- Group Size: Max 11 plus leaders
- Investment: $1,244 incl GST per person
- A good level of fitness is needed.
- We will be walking with day packs carrying up to 5kg.
- You should be able to walk on a variety of surfaces: undulating trails and rocky paths.
- Our longest walking day is 15km.
Our journey to the stunning Clare Valley will commence out of Adelaide at 8am. Our first opportunity for coffee will be at Seven Hill before we head to Spring Gully Conservation Park to check out the wildflowers, orchids and cascades (which flows seasonally after rain) on a short 1 hour gentle walk through natural bushland with views to Spencer Gulf in this beautiful park.
We hop back into our luxury vehicle for the short journey to the start of the Riesling Trail, where we take a picnic lunch and walk into Clare. Approximate walking distance today is 10km.
Our historic accommodation is just outside of Clare on a working station where we stay in beautiful pioneer buildings. If there is anyone keen to explore the property, a 1 hour sunset walk can be arranged.
Meals Included: snacks, lunch, evening nibbles platter, dinner
Our walk today will include the next section of the picturesque Riesling Trail. We stop at wineries for tastings and lunch along the way.
The Riesling Trail was an old railway line that originally connected Spalding to Clare.
After 1993 it was developed into a walking/cycling trail linking Auburn to Clare and a further northern section to Barinia. We walk a large section of this trail today passing vineyards and bushland with an opportunity to walk as far or as short as you wish.
Meals included: breakfast, snacks, winery lunch with tastings, evening nibbles platter, dinner
Our final day in this beautiful valley offers a chance for the completionists to walk the final section of the Riesling Trail with us into Auburn.
Enroute we stop in at O’Leary Walker Winemaker for hot drinks (or tastings) with a vista of rolling valleys from the veranda. Once in Auburn, we will enjoy our lunch before heading to the Barossa Valley to enjoy a unique chocolate, ice cream or wine tasting experience.
We anticipate our return to Adelaide by approximately 5pm.
Meals included: breakfast, snacks, lunch
Please contact us before booking flights if you are joining us from interstate.
- Read terms and conditions before booking
- Itinerary and price subject to change at any time
- Travel Insurance is recommended – click here for a quote from Covermore
- Group share rooming applies, single rooms are limited, surcharge of $150 per person
- Note weather, group member welfare and a range of circumstances outside our control can mean last minute changes to our itinerary are necessary once on tour
- Private transport to and from the Fleurieu Peninsula is included from Adelaide, with multiple pick up points available in transit
- Please contact us before booking flights if you are joining us from interstate
Gear you will need:
- Rainproof jacket and pants (this is a must if wet weather is forecast)
- Backpack 35 litre
- Water bottle/hydration kit
- Personal medications
- Clothing suitable for bushwalking that is quick drying, warm layers if chilly
- Sun protection such as hat, sunglasses and suncream, insect repellent (head/hat nets are good for the flies!)
- Sleeping attire
- Walking poles
A minimum of 7 travellers are required for this trip to depart.
See travel terms and conditions here
Luxury private transport
All meals as per the itinerary
B x 2 | L x 3 | D x 2
2 nights historical accommodation
Guided day walks on trails each day with our qualified leaders.
Bungaree Station interpretive history experience, wine tasting opportunities, chocolate tasting and making experience.
- 2 nights comfortable bed accommodation
- Luxury private transport for the duration of the tour
- All meals and snacks as mentioned on the itinerary inc 2 course dinners and evening nibbles platters
- Mocandunda Winery lunch and tastings
- Barossa Valley Chocolate Co. info session
- Professionally led walks by our leaders qualified in Bushwalking Leadership and Remote Area First Aid
- Group First Aid kit and emergency communication device
- Big Heart Adventures head sock
- National Park entry fees
- A charity contribution to our Give Back program
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary
- Items of a personal nature