Join Big Heart Adventures on our women’s overnight hike on the Heysen Trail!
This Micro Adventure brings beautiful trails, fun and adventure over 2 days. It is the perfect opportunity to Find Yourself Be Yourself and Challenge Yourself!
Micro Adventures involve carrying a 60-75 litre backpack on moderately challenging trails and camping overnight. On this exclusive women’s overnight hike we teach you how to manage your backpack, erect a tent, and cook a light weight meal. We also share hiking tips and gear advice along the way. We educate and empower to encourage more women to explore in the outdoors!
Professionally led by our qualified and experienced bushwalking leaders – ladies, it’s time to get outside your comfort zone with us!
Small group Micro-adventures provide women an opportunity to experience overnight camping and multi-day hiking.
- Date: 15/5/21 – 16/5/21
- Destination: Mount Crawford Forest/Kuitpo Forest
- Type: Micro Adventure for Women
- Group Size: Max 8 plus leaders
- Investment: $395 incl GST per person
- A moderate level of fitness is required to complete this overnight hike.
- The terrain is undulating and has hilly sections.
- All packs are weighed before hiking and a support vehicle allows some items to be transported to camp if needed.
Welcome to the adventure! We gather at our meet spot at 10:30am for a briefing before distributing hiking gear. We demonstrate what items must be included and what items could be left behind as well as show you how to properly pack the backpack to distribute weight safely. We weigh the pack to ensure the weight is safe for you to carry and finally how to fit the pack correctly to your body. We offer hot drinks and morning tea (included) before heading off for approx. 8 kilometres of trail hiking to our campsite for the night. We stop for lunch on the way and connect with the beautiful forest space for a mindful reflection exercise before making our way to camp.
Once we reach our spot we will enjoy a cosy afternoon tea together (including a stove and fuel demonstration so you can have a go at cooking your dinner later!). Then it’s time to select your tent site and build your accommodation for the night. In the afternoon we will have time to explore the surrounding area and prepare our campfire (subject to fire restrictions). A long drop toilet and rainwater tank are available on site.
We cover the topic of hiking food over dinner and share recipes and lightweight meal ideas for you to take home.
After dinner, dessert and hot drinks will be available (you can bring your own treats if you like too). Then its time to relax around the campfire after dark for a chat and laugh.
Meals Included: morning tea, snacks, afternoon tea, dinner, dessert
Start the day with a fresh brew of tea, coffee or hot chocolate, and a morning stretch. A hot breakfast will be prepared on the stoves provided – note most dietary requirements can be catered for if advised in advance. Then we pack up site (tents and gear) and ensure all rubbish is collected for carrying out.
We will leave the camp on a combination of trails, enjoying some hills and gentle climbs before returning to our start/finish point. Once back at our cars, we will stretch, unpack our bags and redistribute any equipment.
To celebrate our achievement we include a cafe/bakery late lunch at nearby local eatery. This is a great opportunity to reflect on learnings and what your next adventure might be!
Distance covered over 2 days – up to 16km
Meals Included: breakfast, morning tea, snacks, lunch
- Read terms and conditions before booking
- Itinerary and price subject to change at any time
- Travel Insurance is recommended – click here for a quote from Covermore
- Note weather, group member welfare and a range of circumstances outside our control can mean last minute changes to our itinerary are necessary once on tour
Gear you will need:
- Rainproof jacket and pants (this is a must if wet weather is forecast)
- Gaiters (if you wear shorts)
- Water bottle/hydration kit
- Personal medications
- Clothing suitable for bushwalking that is quick drying, warm layers if chilly
- Sun protection such as hat, sunglasses and suncream, insect repellent (head/hat nets are good for the flies!)
- Sleeping attire
A minimum of 5 participants are required for our women’s overnight hike to depart.
See travel terms and conditions here
Backpacks 60-75 litre
Stove & Fuel
Sleeping roll & Tent
All meals as per the itinerary
B x 1 | L x 1 | D x 1
1 night single tent
2 Day Trail Hike
- Tent (1 and 2 person) or bring your own
- Backpacks 60-75 litre
- Cooking stove & fuel
- Sleeping roll
- All meals and snacks as mentioned on the itinerary
- Professionally led walks by our leaders qualified in Bushwalking Leadership and Remote Area First Aid
- Group First Aid Kit and emergency communication device
- Big Heart Adventures head sock
- Park entry fees
- A charity contribution to our Give Back program
- Full packing list will be provided
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Lunch (Day 1)
- Sleeping Bag and liner (please ask us if you cannot source this item)
- Rain-proof clothing & warm layers, and/or sun protective gear depending on the weather forecast.
- Items of a personal nature such as medications etc
- Compulsory items included in packing list (head torch, rain protective gear etc)