Fleurieu Peninsula walking tour for women
Waterfalls, Walking and Waitpinga
Join Wise Women Walking for a Fleurieu Peninsula Weekender to Kaurna and Ngarrindjeri Country.
Find Yourself Be Yourself Challenge Yourself with this 3 day adventure.
Walking pack-free (day pack only) along the Wild South Coast Way and Heysen trails. Dramatic coastline views and nature inspired moments guaranteed. We visit 2 waterfalls and drop in to McLaren Vale for a wine tasting.
Comfy retreat style group accommodation with ocean views. Plus delicious meals, yoga sessions and comfortable private transport is included each day.
Professionally led by our qualified and experienced female bushwalking leaders, ladies, it’s time to walk with us!
We depart from Adelaide in our comfortable vehicle. Stopping for morning tea and any last-minute supplies before making our way to Ingalalla Falls. Its a short but pretty walk to the base of the falls.
Next we travel to Deep Creek Conservation Park and our next waterfall walk. We will walk for approximately 2 hours enjoying a picnic lunch on the trail. Boarding our private transport once again we head to our accommodation, arriving by mid afternoon and check in to our ocean front retreat at Kings Beach.
This afternoon is at your leisure – we offer an optional sunset walk down to the beach or late afternoon yoga session before our traditional sundowners platters. Once at Kings Beach you will want to make sure you take in the endless views and unwind ready for the weekend.
Meals Included: Lunch, Trail Snacks, 2 Course Dinner
Walking Distance: 8km
An optional sunrise yoga session is available this morning to start your day with reflection and connection. After breakfast, we will enjoy the dramatic coastline along the cliffy trails between our accommodation and Waitpinga Beach in Newland Head Conservation Park.
This walk will take approximately 5 hours following the Wild South Coast Way and Heysen Trail. We will enjoy a picnic lunch along the way. Large sections of the trail allow un-obstructive spectacular views. Following along the cliffs and inland towards the Conservation Park where it is possible to see a bit of wildlife along the way.
In the afternoon we will return to our accommodation for an optional yoga stretch if you missed this mornings session, and of course sundowners.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Trail Snacks, 2 Course Dinner
Walking Distance: 12km
Enjoy an optional morning yoga session and breakfast.
Then we will follow the Wild South Coast Way and Heysen Trail to The Bluff. For those wanting a rewarding challenge we can climb to the top of The Bluff for rewarding views.
We will have an opportunity for a coffee and some morning tea at the nearby café. Then we continue our Wild South Coast Way walk to Victor Harbor for lunch. Our lunch spot in Victor Harbor is at a great little hotel.
Our journey continues back to Adelaide via McLaren Vale. McLaren Vale provides an opportunity for food and wine tastings and to stretch the legs. We include a wine tasting here.
We will return to Adelaide around 5pm. Please do not book flights for this evening.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Trail Snacks, Lunch
Walking Distance: 9km
Need To Know
- Comfortable private vehicle transport
- Yoga mat
- All meals and snacks as per the itinerary
- 2 course dinners
- Grazing platters
- B x 2 | L x 3 | D x 2
- 2 nights ocean front retreat style accommodation
- Professionally guided walks by our female Leaders
- Wild South Coast Way and Heysen Trail
- Ingalalla and Deep Creek waterfalls
- Wine tasting in McLaren Vale
- Optional yoga daily with qualified instructor
- Group First Aid kit and emergency communication device
- Leaders certified in Remote Area/Wilderness First Aid
- Qualified Bushwalking Leaders
- Small group guided experience
- Leave No Trace principles
- Invitations to connect with nature
- Reduce waste through recycling, reusing and composting
- National Park entry fees
Big Heart Extras
- Big Heart Adventures designed head sock
- A charity contribution to our Give Back program
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary
- Items of a personal nature
A detailed packing list is provided prior to travel
- Gear you will need:
- Rainproof jacket and pants
- Daypack (35 litre approx.)
- Water bottles/hydration kit (min 3Ltrs)
- Personal medications
- Clothing suitable for bushwalking that is quick drying, warm layers if chilly – consider merino/synthetic clothing
- Sun protection such as hat, sunglasses and suncream, insect repellent (if joining us in warmer months consider a head net for the flies)
- Sleeping attire