TASMANIA – OVERLAND TRACK
Join Big Heart Adventures on the iconic Overland Track, retreating each evening to the only private accommodation along the trail. Over 6 days, the rare beauty and diversity of Tasmania’s World Heritage-listed Cradle Mountain – Lake St Clair National Park is yours to discover.
With up to 12 women including your Big Heart Adventures host, expert guides from Tasmanian Walking Company take the lead across this ancient landscape, converting to chefs come evening. They’ll also take the heavy load, leaving you with a light weight pack. At the end of each day, retreat to a hot shower, sumptuous meals, freshly baked bread, a glass of Tasmanian wine and a comfortable bed. This trek will take you all the way to Lake St Clair, Australia’s deepest freshwater lake.
Hosted by experienced trekker Kellie Desteno, join Big Heart Adventures and Tasmania Walking Company for the opportunity to Find Yourself, Be Yourself and Challenge Yourself…
Small group, active, moderate trek on the Overland Track with a day pack and staying in Exclusive Private Hut accommodation.
31/03/19 – 07/04/19
Wise Women Walking
Up to 12 incl hosts
$3,999 per person
Date 31/03/19 – 7/04/19
Start Tasmania, Aust
Finish Tasmania, Aust
Type Wise Women Walking
Physical Rating ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Group Size Up to 12 incl hosts
Investment $3,999 per person | twin share
Part proceeds from this trip will go to the Zahra Foundation.
Zahara Foundation’s mission is to assist South Australian women and children affected by domestic and family violence, empowering them and providing pathways towards economic independence.
No flights included.
Can be arranged separately, please contact us for more information.
All meals provided as per the itinerary in Tasmania
B x 5 | L x 6 | D x 5
Transport to and from Cradle Mountain
Airport transfers available to those who travel with the group
1 night accommodation Launceston
5 nights Exclusive Private Hut accommodation
1 night lodge style accommodation
6 day guided Overland Track experience
Please note itinerary can be subject to change at anytime.
- Non refundable deposit is $1,000pp payable within 7 days of booking, final balance due 60 days before departure.
- Payment plan available, please enquire.
- Single Rooms not available on this adventure.
- A minimum of 9 travellers are required for this trip to depart exclusively with Big Heart Adventures.
- Please do not book any flights until your departure has been confirmed by Big Heart Adventures.
- Itinerary and price subject to change at any time. See full terms and conditions on our booking form.
A good level of fitness is required to complete 6 days of walking the Overland Track. You should able to walk up to 8 hours on hilly terrain with a 35-litre backpack weighing up to 7kg. A completed medical form is required and a doctor’s clearance may be requested.
- 1 night Launceston – 3.5 star hotel
- Transfers to and from Cradle Mountain
- Exclusive Private Hut accommodation on the Overland Track
- 1 night Launceston surrounds – Lodge style accommodation
- Meals as stated in the itinerary
- Airport transfers to those who fly with the Big Heart Adventures group ex Adelaide.
- Big Heart Adventures Host(s)
- Big Heart Adventures Merino Top and Bluff (head sock)
- Journal and Pen
- Travel insurance.
- Flights to/from Launceston (if you book your flights with us, you receive complimentary arrival transfer in Launceston).
- Meals and drinks not stated in the inclusions or itinerary.
Meet your hosts
Hi I’m Kellie.
I’ve been hiking for a few years, but my passion blossomed when I stumbled across Big Heart in late 2015.
I was part of Big Heart’s maiden voyage to New Zealand in Feb 2016, an experience that challenged me and changed me.
Since then I have walked numerous Adelaide trails, visited the Flinders Ranges and had an epic journey to Tassie to conquer the Overland Track with Lisa.
Hiking is my time to be free, time to forget the responsibilities of life for a few hours, and just enjoy nature.
I’m an avid Fungi lover, so winter walks in the Adelaide Hills would have to be my favourite.
Happy hiking, see you on the trails.