Join Big Heart Adventures and Backtrack Adventures on a powerful historical journey on the Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea. Professionally guided this difficult yet rewarding trek is a life changing experience.
Up to 20 women will take on the 96km track from Owers Corner to Kokoda over the mighty Owen Stanley Ranges. Led by Deanne and a fantastic local crew, join us for the opportunity to be a part of travel that gives back.
Professionally guided this historic trek is a life changing experience.
28/9/20 – 8/10/20
Papua New Guinea
Wise Women Walking
up to 20 + Guides
$3,895 per person
Date 20/10/19 – 30/10/19
Start Brisbane, QLD
Finish Brisbane, QLD
Country Papua New Guinea
Type Challenge Trip
Group Size Up to 20
Investment $4,745 per person | twin share
Part proceeds from this trip will be donated to the Kokoda Track Foundstion’s (KTF) Light Up Naduri Project
The Light Up Naduri Project is being undertaken to install lighting for 43 occupied dwellings in the village of Naduri with Solar lighting. This will enable students to study at night, provide a safe clean source of light other than a smoke environment and allow more productive time for family and the community. Our friends and co-host Back Track Adventures, through their Kokoda Treks, is the village’s major employer and therefore the major source of income for the people of Naduri village.
You can find more about the project HERE
Flight from Port Moresby to Popondetta. All other flights can be arranged, call us
All meals as per the itinerary
B x 10 | L x 8 | D x 8
All ground transport in Papua New Guinea
8 nights camping
2 nights in comfortable hotel
ioMerino hiking top and head sock
Trek ready training program
Please note itinerary can be subject to change at anytime.
- Twin share rooming applies, single rooms are available for $300 extra per person.
- Porters are available for an additional $640 per person. For more details click HERE
- A minimum number of travellers as determined by Backtrack Adventures are required for this trip to depart.
- Itinerary and price subject to change at any time.
- See full terms and conditions on our booking form HERE
A very high level of fitness is required to complete the Kokoda track. Full days of walking on steep terrain is required.
A personal porter is available for an additional charge.
- Big Heart Adventures ioMerino hiking top and head sock
- Big Heart Adventures trip specific training program
- Big Heart Adventures discount card for pre-departure purchases at Scouts Outdoor Centre (15% off)
- Big Heart Adventures journal
- A comprehensive pre-departure information kit
- 11-day comprehensive program which includes two nights Port Moresby twin share accommodation at the very comfortable, Holiday Inn Express.
- International airport arrival and departure transfers in Port Moresby.
- 9-day/8-night sensible trekking itinerary.
- Professional Australian Trek Leader.
- Local Head Guide, management team and trek crew from villages along the Track.
- Comprehensive history briefings at all war sites.
- All necessary land transport in Papua New Guinea including private transport from Owers Corner to Port Moresby at conclusion of trek and private transport from Popondetta to Kokoda Village to commence the trek.
- Flight between Pt Moresby to Popondetta.
- Fresh dinners on trek plus breakfast & lunch each trek day.
- All personal eating utensils.
- 9-days/8-nights accommodation along the Track.
- All camp fees.
- Trek permit costs.
- All meals and camp fees for trek crew, plus, travel allowance and wages for crew.
- All emergency equipment.
- Visit to Bomana War Cemetery, entrance fee to Japanese Forest Fort at Eora Creek, Con’s Rock, mortar and grenade dump above Templetons, and Brigade Hill.
- Commemorative embroided shirt.
- Certificate of Achievement suitable for framing.
- Commemorative ceremony conducted on the summit of Brigade Hill.
- Comprehensive Confirmation Pack issued on booking which includes a detailed Information Guide to ensure you’re prepared.
- International and domestic flights – which we can arrange if desired
- Comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation and rescue evacuation should this be required for any reason (we require this as the minimum insurance cover)
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary.
- Services and activities not mentioned in the detailed itinerary.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Visa’s are required and not included in the price.
- Porters not included – they are available for an additional charge of $640 per person. More information can be found HERE
- Any gear or equipment that you may need to rent/buy – please ask us if you would like any advice about gear to bring/buy/rent.
- Any excess baggage charges.
- Single supplement charge of $300pp
- Personal expenses (eg mineral water/soft drinks/bar bills, entrance/photography fees at monasteries, laundry, telephone calls, postage, donations, extra snacks etc).
Meet your host
Hi I’m John Shea, currently based in the beautiful Northern Rivers region of NSW. Developing a love of hiking during my time as a summer camp hiking counselor in Colorado, USA.
Recently I’ve enjoyed exploring the Great Canarvon Walk or Mt Barney in Queensland, you’ll often find me running trails with the Byron Bay Runners or exploring the local National Parks for a hike or trail run to soothe the soul while studying at Southern Cross University.
Completing Kokoda in 2012 where it’s people, it’s history and rugged scenery have inspired me to return every year since to this unique place and share it with fellow trekkers.