NEPAL: HIMALAYAN SOUL REVIVAL
Join Big Heart Adventures for a spiritually enriching journey in Nepal. Enjoy a stunning low altitude trek through the lower Everest region visiting communities and villages offering connection to the Buddhist way of life in rural Nepal. Enjoy daily yoga and meditation while trekking on paths less travelled in the Solu region.
This journey takes you off the beaten track affording magnificent views of the world’s highest mountains while allowing you to authentically connect with yourself and with the people of Nepal.
Secure your spot today!
AUD $1000 deposit.
Small group, women only, hosted tea-house trek involving hiking at low altitude.
Comfortable hotel both before and after the trek.
Daily yoga and meditation while trekking.
10/11/19 – 21/11/19
Wise Women Walking
Up to 12
AUD $2,899 per person
Date 11/12/18 – 22/11/18
Start Kathmandu, Nepal
Finish Kathmandu, Nepal
Type Wise Women Walking
Physical Rating ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Group Size Up to 12
Investment AUD $2,799 per person | twin share
Big Heart Adventures support the Himalayan Development Foundation Australia and visit a school outside Kathmandu where community projects are funded.
If you are a teacher or work in the health profession, HDFA are always looking for skilled volunteers to share their skills and knowledge with local professionals. Please enquire with HDFA for more details.
Flights to and from Phaplu including taxes
Meals as per the itinerary
Filtered drinking water provided
International airport transfers
Airport transfers for flights to and from Phaplu
6 nights accommodation
5 nights Tea House accommodation
A talk on Buddhism by the Rimpoche of the Neydo monastery
2 x Yoga sessions and 1 x Meditation daily while on trek
- Non refundable deposit is AUD$1,000pp payable within 7 days of booking, final balance due 60 days before departure. Payment plan available, please enquire.
- Limited Single Rooms available on request – add supplement $400 AUD per person to twin share price. If there is no-one to share a room with you, you will be required to pay a single supplement. We will match you with a room mate at your request.
- A minimum of 6 travellers are required for this trip to depart. Itinerary and price subject to change at any time. See full terms and conditions on our booking form. Please note we calculate any currency conversions on the day of payment.
- Costs incurred due to changes in programs and reservations due to unforeseen events (eg landslides, strikes, fuel shortages etc)
- Every effort will be made to keep to the itinerary, but as this is Adventure Travel in the mountains, we cannot guarantee it. Weather conditions, road conditions, vehicle breakdowns and the health of fellow travellers can all contribute to changes. We will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but an easy going nature will be an asset!
A good level of fitness is required for this trek. A completed medical form is required as well as a doctor’s clearance letter to participate in this trek if you have pre-existing medical conditions.
- Hotel nights in the hotels specified in the itinerary; based on standard rooms on twin share
- Tea house accommodation while on trek*
- Meals as per the itinerary (all meals on trek, with boiled drinking water provided)
- Entrance fees and English speaking Nepali guide for sightseeing days
- A talk on Buddhism by the Rimpoche of the Neydo monastery
- Transport as per the detailed itinerary, including international airport arrival & departure transfers as well as your flights to and from Phaplu for yourself and your guide, including transfers and taxes
- Your trekking guide, assistant guide/s and porters, with all their transport, equipment, insurance and including their meals and accommodation
- A first aid kit with basic supplies appropriate for the group size and trek route – if you require specific medications it is critical that you discuss this with us prior to your trip departure
- Trekking permits and registration fees
- Pre trek optional training walks
- IOMerino top
- Daily yoga and meditation while trekking
- Your Big Heart Adventures Host
- Services and activities not mentioned in the detailed itinerary
- Any gear or equipment that you may need to rent/buy – please ask us if you would like any advice about gear to bring/buy/rent
- International flights to and from Kathmandu
- Nepal visa fees and international airport taxes
- Any excess baggage charges
- Comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation and rescue evacuation should this be required for any reason (we require this as the minimum insurance cover)
- Additional nights, optional trips and sightseeing tours outside the detailed itineraries above
- Single supplement, please see single supplement charge – $400pp
- Personal expenses (eg mineral water/soft drinks/bar bills, entrance/photography fees at monasteries, laundry, telephone calls, postage, donations, extra snacks etc)
- Any extra charge that tea house owners may levy for single rooms, attached bathrooms, or hot showers (if these facilities are available) and charging of batteries
- Tips for your trekking crew, city guide, drivers, hotels, restaurants etc (please ask if you would like guidance about appropriate tips)
*Note: The local tea houses are basic but clean and they do not often have attached bathrooms or hot showers. The price is based on twin share and does not include any extra charge that lodge owners may levy for single rooms, attached bathrooms or hot showers (if these facilities are available) or for battery charging. We can’t know in advance what they may charge for such things in the different lodges along the way, so we prefer to leave this cost out, rather than pass along an estimated charge to you.
Meet your host
Lisa is the founder of Big Heart Adventures and brings an extensive portfolio of personal adventure travel as well as boundless enthusiasm & proven expertise in travel planning. Lisa’s attention to detail and passion for curating unique experiences has allowed her to plan travel, adventures & holidays for an extensive demographic of clients over many years. An experienced adventure traveller, having completed expeditions including the Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea, Inca Trail in Peru, Mt Kinabalu in Sabah, Overland Track in Tasmania, Milford and Routeburn Tracks in New Zealand to name a few, Lisa knows first-hand the challenges and amazing reward that exploring the outdoors adds to your life.
Departure November 2019
Secure your spot today with a AUD $1000 deposit.