WILDERNESS TRAIL | KANGAROO ISLAND
Join Big Heart Adventures as we soak in the varying landscape, the symphony of wildlife and stunning natural features of the Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail.
We hike the entire length from the Flinders Chase Visitor Centre to Kelly Hill Caves.
We provide all transfers on and off the trail each day to our nearby comfortable accommodation at the Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat. We provide a relaxed start and finish to our tour so that you begin the hike refreshed and leave feeling re-energised.
In this fully supported trek we walk with daypacks amongst ancient rocky riverscapes, coastal cliff lines, sandy beaches and unique geological formations. We visit famous natural landmarks such as Admiral’s Arch and Remarkable Rocks, and head underground to explore the Kelly Hill Caves (all 3 are just too amazing to simply walk past).
We boardwalk amongst the fur seals and sea-lions that visit the Arch, and relax each night nearby at the Retreat enjoying delicious chef prepared 2 course dinners.
Our hosts will be with you the entire way to guide and assist and take care of all the detail, so you can relax and absorb the stunning surroundings.
Bring your comfortable walking boots and an adventurous spirit for this unique wilderness trail.
Small group hosted adventure hiking the entire Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail from start to finish.
A women’s only trip with comfort, challenge, adventure and relaxation rolled into one.
Date: 24/09/19 – 29/09/19
Start: Adelaide, SA
Finish: Adelaide, SA
Type: Wise Women Walking
Group Size: Up to 12
Investment: $2,399 per person
Accommodation: Twin Share
Date 18/07/19 – 25/07/19
Start Alice Springs, NT
Finish Alice Springs, NT
Type Wise Women Walking
Group Size Up to 12
Investment $3,299 per person | twin share
Part proceeds from this trip will go to the Zahra Foundation.
Zahra Foundation’s mission is to assist South Australian women and children affected by domestic and family violence, empowering them and providing pathways towards economic independence.
No flights required.
Flights to Adelaide can be arranged separately, please contact us for more information.
All meals as per the itinerary.
B x 5 | L x 5 | D x 5
Private Minibus transport and Ferry to and from Kangaroo Island.
All ground transport during tour.
5 nights twin share hotel accommodation.
Hike the Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail, Guided cave tour, Yoga/Meditation class.
Please note itinerary can be subject to change at anytime.
- See full terms and conditions on our booking form
- A minimum number of 5 travellers are required for this trip to depart
- Itinerary and price subject to change at any time
- Single supplement $500pp for own room
A moderate level of fitness is required to complete the 62km Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail.
This itinerary is based on full days hiking with a daypack. Terrain is rocky at times under foot and be prepared for soft beach sand for lengthy periods on some days.
- Our 2 experienced guides / hosts are with you for the whole tour
- Custom hiking top (IO Merino) and head sock to keep
- Big Heart Adventures training sessions and or program
- Hiking the Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail (start to finish)
- Private transfer, Adelaide CBD to and from Kangaroo Island
- All private transfers whilst on Kangaroo Island
- 1 night x Aurora Ozone Hotel (Executive Sea View rooms – twin share)
- 4 nights x Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat (Eco Lodge rooms – twin share)
- Yoga and meditation class
- Celebratory lunch at Cactus Kangaroo Island
- 5 x cooked breakfasts, and 5 x restaurant dinners (2 courses)
- 4 x fresh pack lunches
- Ranger guided tour of Kelly Hill Caves
- Visit to Remarkable Rocks
- Visit to Admirals Arch and get up close to the fur seals and sea-lions that visit there
- Park and Trail fees
- Group First Aid kit and emergency communication device
- Pre-departure information kit.
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary
Meet your host
Lisa is the founder of Big Heart Adventures and brings an extensive portfolio of personal adventure travel as well as boundless enthusiasm & proven expertise in travel planning.
Lisa’s attention to detail and passion for curating unique experiences has allowed her to plan travel, adventures & holidays for an extensive demographic of clients over many years.
An experienced adventure traveller, having completed expeditions including the Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea, Inca Trail in Peru, Mt Kinabalu in Sabah, Overland Track in Tasmania, Milford and Routeburn Tracks in New Zealand to name a few, Lisa knows first-hand the challenges and amazing reward that exploring the outdoors adds to your life.