Wise Women Walking Nepal – Buddhism, Yoga and Solu Trek
Join Big Heart Adventures for a spiritually enriching journey in Nepal. Enjoy a stunning lower altitude trek through the lower Everest region visiting communities and villages offering connection to the Buddhist way of life in rural Nepal. Enjoy daily yoga and meditation while trekking on paths less travelled in the Solu region.
This journey takes you off the beaten track affording magnificent views of the world’s highest mountains while allowing you to authentically connect with yourself and with the people of Nepal.
Small group, women only, hosted tea-house trek involving hiking below 4000m.
Comfortable hotel both before and after the trek. Daily yoga and meditation while trekking.
Date: 31/10/20 – 11/11/20
Type: Wise Women Walking
Group Size: 12
Investment: $3,260 per person
Date 20/10/19 – 30/10/19
Start Brisbane, QLD
Finish Brisbane, QLD
Country Papua New Guinea
Type Challenge Trip
Group Size Up to 20
Investment $4,745 per person | twin share
Flights between Kathmandu and Phaplu included
All meals as per the itinerary
B x 11 | L x 7 | D x 9
Airport transfers in Nepal
3 nights Hotel
5 nights Tea House
3 nights Monastery
Nepalese Cooking Class
A talk on Buddhism by the Rimpoche of the Neydo monastery
Daily yoga and meditation
Guided tour of Kathmandu
Please note itinerary can be subject to change at anytime.
- See Big Heart Adventures full terms and conditions here
- Please do not book flights or other travel arrangements until we have guaranteed our departure
- Limited single rooms are available for a surcharge $400 – note the tea houses cannot guarantee a single room on this trek – this fee only covers the accommodation in Kathmandu
- If there is no-one to share a room with you, you will be required to pay a single supplement. We will match you with a room mate at your request
- A minimum of 6 travellers are required for this trip to depart
- Itinerary and price subject to change at any time. See full terms and conditions on our booking form
- Additional costs may be incurred due to changes in programs and reservations due to unforeseen events (eg landslides, strikes, fuel shortages etc) please budget your spending money to include some emergency funds
- Every effort will be made to keep to the itinerary, but as this is Adventure Travel in the mountains, we cannot guarantee it. Weather conditions, road conditions, vehicle breakdowns and the health of fellow travellers can all contribute to changes. We will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan – an easy-going nature will be an asset!
- Itinerary and price subject to change at any time
- Non refundable deposit is AUD$1,000pp payable at time of booking, final balance due 90 days before departure
- Payment plan available, please enquire
- Please note some dietary requirements simply cannot be met while trekking in Nepal
- Please check with us about any allergies or aversions you may have before booking.
A good level of fitness is required for this trek. The highest point while trekking is 3900m. Trekking at higher altitudes comes with risks of altitude sickness. Please consult your medical practitioner prior to booking if you are unsure. A completed medical form is required as well as a doctor’s clearance letter to participate in this trek if you have pre- existing medical conditions.
- Big Heart Adventures ioMerino hiking top and head sock
- Big Heart Adventures trip specific training sessions and or program
- Big Heart Adventures discount card for pre-departure purchases at Scouts Outdoor Centre (15% off)
- Big Heart Adventures experienced Outdoor Leader with you
- Big Heart Adventures journal
Group First Aid kit and emergency communication device
- A comprehensive pre-departure information kit
- Hotel nights in the hotels specified in the itinerary; based on standard rooms on twin share
- Tea house accommodation while on trek*
- Meals as per the itinerary (all meals on trek, with boiled drinking water provided)
- Momo Cooking Class
- Entrance fees and English speaking Nepali guide for sightseeing days
- A talk on Buddhism by the Rimpoche of the Neydo monastery
- Transport as per the detailed itinerary, including international airport arrival & departure transfers as well as your flights to and from Phaplu for yourself and your guide, including transfers and taxes
- Your trekking guide, assistant guide/s and porters, with all their transport, equipment, insurance and including their meals and accommodation
- Trekking permits and registration fees
- Daily yoga and meditation while trekking
- *Note: The local tea houses are basic but clean and they do not often have attached bathrooms or hot showers. The price is based on twin share and does not include any extra charge that lodge owners may levy for single rooms, attached bathrooms or hot showers (if these facilities are available) or for battery charging. We can’t know in advance what they may charge for such things in the different lodges along the way, so we prefer to leave this cost out, rather than pass along an estimated charge to you.
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary
- Items of a personal nature
- Services and activities not mentioned in the detailed itinerary – eg Heli Flight to Everest excursion on Day 9 or additional sightseeing on Day 10
- Any gear or equipment that you may need to rent/buy – please ask us if you would like any advice about gear to bring/buy/rent – sleeping bag and walking pole rental is possible from Kathmandu
- International flights to and from Kathmandu
- Nepal visa fees and international airport taxes
- Any excess baggage charges
- Comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation and rescue evacuation should this be required for any reason (we require this as the minimum insurance cover)
- Additional nights, optional trips and sightseeing tours outside the detailed itineraries above
- Single supplement, please see single supplement charge – $400pp
- Personal expenses (eg mineral water/soft drinks/bar bills, entrance/photography fees at monasteries, laundry, telephone calls, postage, donations, extra snacks etc)
- Any extra charge that tea house owners may levy for single rooms, attached bathrooms, or hot showers (if these facilities are available) and charging of batteries
- Tips for your trekking crew, city guide, drivers, hotels, restaurants etc (please ask if you would like guidance about appropriate tips)
Meet your hosts
Lisa is the founder of Big Heart Adventures and brings an extensive portfolio of personal adventure travel as well as boundless enthusiasm & proven expertise in travel planning. Lisa’s attention to detail and passion for curating unique experiences has allowed her to plan travel, adventures & holidays for an extensive demographic of clients over many years.
An experienced adventure traveller, having completed expeditions including the Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea, Inca Trail in Peru, Mt Kinabalu in Sabah, Overland Track in Tasmania, Milford and Routeburn Tracks in New Zealand to name a few, Lisa knows first-hand the challenges and amazing reward that exploring the outdoors adds to your life.
Your guide, and yoga teacher.