ALICE SPRINGS – LARAPINTA TRAIL
Join Big Heart Adventures, trekking the Outback on the outstanding Larapinta Trail.
On this fully supported trek we explore the best sections of this iconic desert trail: From the high ridge lines of the West MacDonnell Ranges you’ll see the vast flood plains that form this ancient land. You’ll be dwarfed by the immensity of Ormiston and Serpentine Gorge and soothed by their idyllic waterholes. You’ll be amazed by dramatic colour changes in the rock formations at Simpsons Gap and Standley Chasm… and to top it all of you’ll climb to the lofty peak of Mt Sonder to watch the sunrise (1,380m).
At the end of each day we relax in comfort at our architect-designed exclusive semi-permanent wilderness campsites – including hot showers, comfortable lounges and heated dining shelter
Bring your boots, your day pack and an adventurous spirit for this ultimate small group Larapinta Trail experience.
Small group hosted adventure with women only involving day walks and comfortable accommodation
and exclusive semi-permanent wilderness campsites each night.
18/07/19 – 25/07/19
Alice Springs, NT
Alice Springs, NT
Wise Women Walking
Up to 12
$3,299 per person
Date 18/07/19 – 25/07/19
Start Alice Springs, NT
Finish Alice Springs, NT
Type Wise Women Walking
Group Size Up to 12
Investment $3,299 per person | twin share
Part proceeds from this trip will go to the Zahra Foundation.
Zahra Foundation’s mission is to assist South Australian women and children affected by domestic and family violence, empowering them and providing pathways towards economic independence.
No flights included.
Can be arranged separately, please contact us for more information.
All meals as per the itinerary
B x 5 | L x 6 | D x 5
Bus transport to and from Alice Springs
All ground transport during tour
5 nights twin share wilderness campsite
2 nights twin share accommodation
Guided experiences along the best of the Larapinta Trail
Please note itinerary can be subject to change at anytime.
- Twin share rooming applies, single rooms are available for $375 extra per person.
- A minimum of 10 travellers are required for this trip to depart.
- Itinerary and price subject to change at any time.
- Full payment due 6th of May 2019.
- Ask us for payment plan info with Travel Pay.
- As we are partnering with World Expeditions there may be additional Terms and Conditions, Fitness requirements or documents that apply to this departure as a condition of our agreement with World Expeditions.
- See Big Heart Adventures full terms and conditions on our booking form HERE
A very good level of fitness is needed for this trek. You will be required to carry a day pack over rocky and uneven terrain up to 7 hours a day. This trek includes steep ascents and descents at times.
You will have the opportunity to follow a self guided training program provided by Big Heart Adventures or join our weekend training walks 8 weeks prior to departure.
- 2 nights twin share comfortable hotel accommodation in Alice Springs.
- 5 nights exclusive semi-permanent wilderness campsites.
- All meals as per the itinerary: 5 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners, snacks & hot drinks
- Professional wilderness guide & support staff
- Camping equipment including tents, swags & stretcher beds
- Fees to Aboriginal Traditional Owners
- National Park fees
- All transport during the tour
- Emergency communications & 24 hour back-up
- Comprehensive group first aid kit
- A comprehensive pre-departure information kit.
- Journal and Pen.
- Big Heart Adventures host.
- Big Heart Adventures IOMerino Top and Bluff (head sock)
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance.
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Optional tours and sightseeing.
Meet your host
DOREEEN (DEE) MARCHESAN
Hi! My name is Doreen Marchesan (but you can call me Dee), and I am a lover of the outdoors and nature. After working in the environmental sector for 10 years I decided to try to spend more time in the outdoors, and re-trained as an Outdoor Recreation Instructor.
From 2013 I have predominantly worked in the outdoor industry, guiding people on adventures involving hiking, climbing, kayaking and camping. Hiking and climbing are my favourite things to do, and I try to do them as often as I can. I also love sharing what I know about our natural environment.
I hope to be able to share a hiking adventure with you sometime soon!