SPAIN | CAMINO CHALLENGE TRIP
Join Big Heart Adventures on a spiritually uplifting walking journey on the Camino in Spain. Up to 16 Big Heart Adventurers will take on the final 100km of the Camino from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela enjoying all the Spanish scenery and culture along the way.
Hosted by our experienced Camino walker Amanda Panazzolo and professionally guided by our partners G Adventures, join us for the opportunity to be part of travel that gives back.
Small group, active, moderate trek on the Camino with a day pack staying in comfortable accommodation with luggage transfer service included on the Camino.
27/09/19 – 6/10/19
12 – 15 + Host
$2,499 per person
Date 27/09/19 – 06/10/19
Start Madrid, Spain
Finish Madrid, Spain
Type Challenge Trip
Physical Rating ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Group Size 12-15 + Host
Investment $2,499 per person | twin share
Know a charity or cause that would like to be involved – please contact us!
No flights included
Can be arrange separately, can contact us for more information.
All meals as per the itinerary
B x 9 | L x 0 | D x 0
Group and luggage transfers
9 nights accommodation
Pre-Trek Training Program
Discount card for Scout Outdoor Centre
Please note itinerary can be subject to change at anytime.
- Non refundable deposit is $1,000pp payable within 7 days of booking, final balance due 1st of August 2019.
- Payment plan available, please enquire.
- Limited Single Rooms available on request – add supplement $650 per person to twin share price. If there is no-one to share a room with you, you will be required to pay a single supplement. We will match you with a room mate at your request.
- A minimum of 8 travellers are required for this trip to depart. Itinerary and price subject to change at any time. See full terms and conditions on our booking form.
A good level of fitness is required to complete the Camino. You should be able to walk up to 10 hours/25km with a 35 litre backpack weighing up to 7kg. A completed medical form will be required.
- Professionally guided 10 day Camino experience by our friends at G Adventures
- Comfortable hotel accommodation each night
- Train journey Madrid to Sarria
- Breakfast daily
- Self directed pre-trek training program
- Opportunity to walk with us before you go!
- Big Heart Adventures ioMerino top and Buff
- Discount card at Scout Outdoor Centre and outdoor retailers in most capital cities
- Travel insurance.
- Flights to/from Spain
- Meals and drinks not stated in the inclusions or itinerary.
Meet your host
Lisa is the founder of Big Heart Adventures and brings an extensive portfolio of personal adventure travel as well as boundless enthusiasm & proven expertise in travel planning.
Lisa’s attention to detail and passion for curating unique experiences has allowed her to plan travel, adventures & holidays for an extensive demographic of clients over many years.
An experienced adventure traveller, having completed expeditions including the Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea, Inca Trail in Peru, Mt Kinabalu in Sabah, Overland Track in Tasmania, Milford and Routeburn Tracks in New Zealand to name a few, Lisa knows first-hand the challenges and amazing reward that exploring the outdoors adds to your life.
Amanda Panazzolo is originally from Adelaide though she has lived in Western Australia and for a short time in the UK. Travel is in her blood and she has shared many adventures with her husband and three children in Australia and throughout the world. She enjoys many styles of travel including hiking and camping though sometimes she also likes having access to a few extra luxuries and an art gallery or two.
A “jack of all trades” but most recently she was a secondary school tourism teacher and a graduate in Ecotourism studies. Travel has always been her first passion, walking and hiking were later additions to her list of hobbies. With her husband in tow, Amanda walked 400 km of the Frances route of the Camino de Santiago de Compostela in 2016 and then solo in 2017 for 700km of the same path. The Camino is a call to self and it has been calling her name for many years.