Yorke Peninsula walking tour for women
Walk the Yorke
Join Wise Women Walking on our Yorke Peninsula Weekender for a taste of Narungga Country.
Find Yourself Be Yourself Challenge Yourself with this 3 day adventure.
Walking pack-free (day pack only) on easy-moderate trails each day. Along sections of the most gorgeous parts of lower Yorke Peninsula and Dhilba Guuranda – Innes National Park. Return to comfortable accommodation each night with relaxation and chef prepared meals.
This trip is perfect for beginners with mostly flat trails, and requires a basic level of fitness.
Professionally led by our qualified and experienced female bushwalking leaders – ladies, it’s time to Walk the Yorke!
Our journey will start at 8am from Adelaide.
We will commence the 300km journey to Yorke Peninsula stopping for comfort stops and lunch along the way.
Today, we will walk along the marshy coastline on the east coast in search of wombats. If tides permit we will also have the chance to see tree carvings by local artists. This is our first opportunity to experience Narungga Country, learn about culture, history and connection to lands and waters.
We continue to our accommodation to enjoy sundowners, followed by a chef prepared dinner.
Meals Included: Lunch, Trail Snacks, 2 Course Dinner
Walking Distance: 6km
This morning, after breakfast, we follow the Walk The Yorke trail to Stenhouse Bay. Distance of approximately 10km.
This walk will be along a variety of beach, coastal trail and quiet streets. The views along this trail in places are stunning and show the rugged coastline of Dhilba Guuranda – Innes National Park.
Once at Stenhouse Bay we will enjoy a picnic lunch before hopping on our comfortable transport and visiting some amazing sites. We will do a few short walks to sites such as Ethel Wreck, West Cape Lighthouse or a 3km beach walk along a surf beach, for those who love to hear pounding surf. We might meet a few emus along the way if we are lucky today!
We return to our accommodation for sundowners and dinner.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Trail Snacks, 2 Course Dinner
Walking Distance: 13km
Today we return to gorgeous Dhilba Guuranda – Innes National Park for our final Walk the Yorke experience – an inland historic walk to Inneston. Once here we will have time to wander the old buildings and township before making our way to a winery for tastings, cheese platters and light lunch.
Fulfilled, we journey back to Adelaide with comfort stops along the way arriving back at approximately 5pm.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Trail Snacks
Walking Distance: 4km
Need To Know
- Comfortable private vehicle transport
- All meals and snacks as per the itinerary
- 2 course chef prepared dinners (à la carte)
- Grazing platters
- B x 2 | L x 3 | D x 2
- 2 nights comfortable motel or apartment style accommodation
- Professionally guided walks by our female Leaders
- Dhilba Guuranda – Innes National Park
- Winery tasting and light lunch
- Group First Aid kit and emergency communication device
- Leaders certified in Remote Area/Wilderness First Aid
- Qualified Bushwalking Leaders
- Small group guided experience
- Leave No Trace principles
- Invitations to connect with nature
- Reduce waste through recycling, reusing and composting
- National Park entry fees
Big Heart Extras
- Big Heart Adventures designed head sock
- A charity contribution to our Give Back program
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary
- Items of a personal nature
A detailed packing list is provided prior to travel
- Gear you will need:
- Rainproof jacket and pants
- Daypack (35 litre approx.)
- Water bottles/hydration kit (min 3Ltrs)
- Personal medications
- Clothing suitable for bushwalking that is quick drying, warm layers if chilly – consider merino/synthetic clothing
- Sun protection such as hat, sunglasses and suncream, insect repellent (if joining us in warmer months consider a head net for the flies)
- Sleeping attire