SA | Murray River (Erawirung) Wetlands, Wine and Walking
Join Wise Women Walkers on our Murray River walking and cruising Weekender.
We adventure gently by houseboat on this Weekender with leisurely guided bushwalks, canoeing and yoga on deck with space to relax and an opportunity to connect with like-minded women. All meals, transport and accommodation are included plus a winery visit with a wetland walk, tastings and lunch on the way home.
This trip is perfect for beginners (able to walk up to 10km) and requires a basic level of fitness. We focus on wellness, reflection and connecting with yourself and nature both on land and water with this exclusive Weekender.
Professionally hosted by qualified and experienced outdoor leaders and yoga instructors, ladies, it’s time to cruise the Murray River with us!
Small group multi day Murray River walking and wellness tour for women, involving day walks, canoeing, yoga and houseboat accommodation each night
- A basic level of fitness is required to walk on the trails on this trip.
- We will be walking with day packs carrying up to 5kg.
- You should be able to walk on a variety of surfaces: undulating trails, rocky paths and soft sand up to 4 hours.
- Our longest walking day is 10km.
Images supplied by Murray River Trails
Our drive today will start at 7.30am from Adelaide. We will commence our journey to Renmark stopping for comfort stops and morning tea. We have a chance to stretch our legs, have lunch and board our luxury houseboat for the next 3 nights. The houseboat has 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, spa up top and plenty of space to relax. Our vessel departs early afternoon driven by local guides to our first mooring spot for the night. Relax as we cruise our way along the river with a chance to spot waterbirds and discover more about the river ecosystem. An afternoon yoga session once we moored is an optional activity before enjoying a gourmet grazing platter with a glass of something special if you choose.
Meals Included: lunch, 2 course dinner, snacks, evening nibbles platter
Wake to the sounds of nature this morning with a sunrise session of yoga on the top deck. After a hearty breakfast our local guide will meet and guide us on a 10km walk. This walk will be mostly flat along a variety sandy and undulating trails with the opportunity to spot birds and wildlife and learn more about the river ecosystem and Aboriginal history along the way. We enjoy a packed lunch with tea and coffee taken care of by our local guides. We return to our lodgings on water for a relaxing afternoon in a new location. Grab your book, your journal or a glass of something special. We wind down with afternoon nibbles, drinks and a chance to reflect on a day immersed in nature.
Meals Included: breakfast, lunch, 2 course dinner, snacks, evening nibbles platter
A sunrise yoga session is offered this morning before breakfast giving you all the calm and peace to start your day. After breakfast our houseboat will be driven and moored at a new location. Sit back and enjoy the stunning riverside scenery while our guides drive the boat.
After lunch we head out for our 2 hour guided canoe adventure. We use 2 person kayaks (no experience is necessary) and all the necessary safety gear is provided as we explore areas along the river less travelled – a relaxing way to get up close to the banks and quietly move across the water.
This afternoon enjoy an optional nature based meditation with time to relax and unwind after our adventures today.
Meals Included: breakfast, lunch, snacks, 2 course dinner and nibbles platter
An early morning yoga session is on offer before breakfast today. Our guides will meet us onboard at approx 8am and drive the houseboat back to Paringa by approx 10.30am. We have a chance to pack and relax while cruising our way to the dock. Once there we disembark, our private transport will be waiting for us. We start our drive back to Adelaide via a winery for tastings and lunch. Banrock Station has a delicious ala carte menu and wetlands walk. We have plenty of time to wander on trails from 2.5km to 8km before and after our celebration lunch.
Fulfilled, we journey back to Adelaide with comfort stops along the way arriving back between 5 and 6pm.
Meals Included: breakfast, winery lunch with tastings, snacks
Please contact us before booking flights if you are joining us from interstate.
- Read terms and conditions before booking
- Itinerary and price subject to change at any time
- Travel Insurance is recommended – click here for a quote from Covermore
- Group share rooming applies, single rooms not possible on this trip
- Note weather, group member welfare and a range of circumstances outside our control can mean last minute changes to our itinerary are necessary once on tour
- Private transport to and from the Riverland is included from Adelaide, with multiple pick up points available in transit
- Please contact us before booking flights if you are joining us from interstate
Gear you will need:
- Rainproof jacket and pants (this is a must if wet weather is forecast)
- Backpack 35 litre
- Water bottle/hydration kit
- Personal medications
- Clothing suitable for bushwalking that is quick drying, warm layers if chilly
- Sun protection such as hat, sunglasses and suncream, insect repellent (head/hat nets are good for the flies!)
- Sleeping attire
- Yoga mat
- Walking poles (optional)
A minimum of 7 travellers are required for this trip to depart.
See travel terms and conditions here
Comfortable private vehicle
All meals as per the itinerary
B x 3 | L x 4 | D x 3
3 nights twin share houseboat accommodation (single rooms are not available on this departure)
Guided walks on trails, guided canoe excursion, yoga on deck, winery lunch with tastings
- 3 nights comfortable twin share houseboat accommodation (single rooms not available on this trip)
- Comfortable private transport for the duration of the tour
- All meals and snacks as mentioned on the itinerary inc trail snacks, 2 course dinners and evening nibbles platters
- Professionally led walks by local guides
- Guided canoe excursion
- Yoga Classes on deck
- Winery lunch with tastings
- Group First Aid kit and emergency communication device
- Big Heart Adventures head sock
- National Park entry fees
- A charity contribution to our Give Back program
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary
- Items of a personal nature