Women’s Mount Crawford Hike
Micro Adventure to Mount Crawford Forest
Join Wise Women Walking on our Mount Crawford Forest hike in Peramangk Country.
This Micro Adventure brings beautiful trails, fun and adventure over 2 days. It is the perfect opportunity to Find Yourself Be Yourself and Challenge Yourself.
This Micro Adventures involves carrying a 60-75 litre backpack on moderately challenging trails and camping overnight. On this overnight hike we teach you how to manage your backpack, erect a tent, and cook a light weight meal. We also share hiking tips along the way.
Professionally led by our qualified and experienced female bushwalking leaders – ladies, it’s time to overnight hike with us.
We meet at Mt Crawford at 9:30am for a briefing before distributing hiking gear. Then we show you how to properly pack the backpack.
We provide hot drinks and morning tea before heading off on our hike towards our campsite for the night. We stop for lunch on the way and connect with the beautiful forest space for a mindful reflection exercise before making our way to camp.
Once we reach camp we will enjoy a cosy afternoon tea together (including a stove and fuel demonstration so you can have a go at cooking your dinner later). Then it’s time to select your tent site and construct your room for the night. In the afternoon we will have time to explore the surrounding area and build our campfire (subject to fire restrictions). A long drop toilet and rainwater tank are available on site.
We cover the topic of hiking food over dinner and share recipes and lightweight meal ideas for you to take home.
After dinner and dessert, hot drinks will be available. You can bring your own treats if you like too. Then its time to relax around the campfire after dark for a chat and laugh (subject to fire restrictions).
Meals Included: Morning Tea, Trail Snacks, Afternoon Tea, 2 Course Dinner
Walking Distance: 8km
Start the day with a fresh brew of tea, coffee or hot chocolate, and a morning stretch.
A hot breakfast will be prepared on the stoves provided or there is a choice of cereals. Then we pack up site (tents and gear) at 9:00am.
We will leave the camp on a combination of trails, enjoying one final hill before returning to our start/finish point. Once back at our cars, we will stretch, unpack our bags and redistribute any equipment.
To celebrate our achievement we include a café/bakery late lunch.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Morning Tea, Trail Snacks, Lunch
Walking Distance: 8km
Need To Know
- Self drive own vehicle (2WD suitable)
- Tent (individual) or bring your own
- Padded sleeping mat
- Thermal underlay
- Backpacks 60-75 litre
- Hiking pole
- Cooking stove & Fuel
- All meals and snacks as per the itinerary
- 2 course dinners
- B x 1 | L x 1 | D x 1
- 1 night individual tent
- Professionally guided hike by our female Leaders
- Insights into hiking and camping
- Group First Aid kit and emergency communication device
- Leaders certified in Remote Area/Wilderness First Aid
- Qualified Bushwalking Leaders
- Small group guided experience
- Leave No Trace principles
- Invitations to connect with nature
- Reduce waste through recycling, reusing and composting
- National Park entry fees
Big Heart Extras
- Big Heart Adventures designed head sock
- A charity contribution to our Give Back program
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary
- Items of a personal nature
A detailed packing list is provided prior to travel
- Gear you will need:
- Rainproof jacket and pants
- Water bottles/hydration kit (min 2Ltrs)
- Personal medications
- Clothing suitable for bushwalking that is quick drying, warm layers if chilly – consider merino/synthetic clothing
- Sun protection such as hat, sunglasses and suncream, insect repellent (if joining us in warmer months consider a head net for the flies)
- Sleeping attire
- Sleeping bag – can be hired through us
- Head torch – can be hired through us