SA | Clare Valley (Ngadjuri)
Join us on a Weekender in the stunning Clare Valley on Ngadjuri Country.
Carrying a day pack only on easy-moderate trails each day (between wineries!). Returning to comfortable accommodation each night with relaxation and freshly cooked meals.
Professionally led by our qualified and experienced bushwalking leaders – ladies, it’s time to walk with us!
Small group multi day walking tour for women to the world-famous Clare Valley in South Australia.
- A basic level of fitness is needed.
- We will be walking with day packs carrying up to 5kg.
- This trail allows for early pick ups as needed so there are distance choices for all walkers
- Our longest walking day is 15km.
Our journey to the stunning Clare Valley will commence out of Adelaide at 8am. Our first opportunity for coffee and a comfort stop will be at Seven Hill before we head to Spring Gully Conservation Park to check out the wildflowers, orchids and cascades (which flows seasonally after rain) on a short 1 hour gentle walk through natural bushland with views to Spencer Gulf in this beautiful park. We lunch here with the views under gum trees. We hop back into our van for a visit to OLeary Walker Wines for tastings before heading to the start of the Riesling Trail, for an afternoon walk into Clare. Approximate walking distance today is 10km. Our historic accommodation is just outside of Clare on a working station where we stay in beautifully restored pioneer buildings. If there is anyone keen to explore the property, a 1 hour sunset walk can be arranged.
Meals Included: snacks, lunch, evening nibbles platter, dinner
For those early risers there is the chance for a sunrise wander before a delicious hot breakfast. We then transfer back to where we finished our walk in Clare yesterday to continue on the Riesling Trail. The Riesling Trail was an old railway line that originally connected Spalding to Clare. After 1993 it was developed into a walking/cycling trail linking Auburn to Clare and a further northern section to Barinia
Our walk today will include another section of this picturesque trail – easy flat path walking. We enjoy a catered morning tea and comfort stop at Sevenhill before continuing on to Watervale for a delicious long lunch. We pass farmland, vineyards and bushland with an opportunity to walk as far or as short as you wish – our bus is on standby for earlier pick ups as needed.
Meals included: breakfast, snacks, two course ala carte lunch, evening nibbles platter, dinner
Our final day in this beautiful valley offers a chance for the completionists to walk the final section of the Riesling Trail with us into Auburn.
Once in Auburn, we visit organic winery Mt Horrocks for a sample of riesling and semillon and enjoy our lunch in the park outside this historic railway station before heading to the Barossa Valley to enjoy chocolate tastings and a visit to Maggie Beers Farmshop for a food, gin and wine tasting experience.
We return to Adelaide by approximately 5pm.
Meals included: breakfast, snacks, lunch
Please contact us before booking flights if you are joining us from interstate.
- Read terms and conditions before booking
- Itinerary and price subject to change at any time
- Travel Insurance is recommended – click here for a quote from Covermore
- Twin share rooming applies, single rooms are available, surcharge of $150 per person
- Note weather, group member welfare and a range of circumstances outside our control can mean last minute changes to our itinerary are necessary once on tour
- Private transport to and from the Clare Valley is included from Adelaide, with multiple pick up points available in transit
- Please contact us before booking flights if you are joining us from interstate
Gear you will need:
- Rainproof jacket and pants (this is a must if wet weather is forecast)
- Backpack 35 litre
- Water bottle/hydration kit
- Personal medications
- Clothing suitable for bushwalking that is quick drying, warm layers if chilly
- Sun protection such as hat, sunglasses and suncream, insect repellent (head/hat nets are good for the flies!)
- Sleeping attire
- Walking poles
A minimum of 7 travellers are required for this trip to depart.
See travel terms and conditions here
Comfortable private vehicle
All meals as per the itinerary
B x 2 | L x 3 | D x 2
2 nights historical building accommodation
Guided day walks on trails each day with our qualified leaders.
Bungaree Station interpretive history experience, wine and gin tasting opportunities, chocolate and food tasting experiences.
- 2 nights comfortable accommodation
- Comfortable private transport for the duration of the tour
- All meals and snacks as mentioned on the itinerary inc 2 course dinners, morning tea and evening nibbles platters
- Ala carte lunch
- Barossa Valley Chocolate Co. visit and tastings
- Maggie Beer Farmshop visit and tastings
- Wine tastings at two wineries
- Professionally led walks by our leaders qualified in Bushwalking Leadership and Remote Area First Aid
- Group First Aid kit and emergency communication device
- Big Heart Adventures head sock
- National Park entry fees
- A charity contribution to our Give Back program
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary
- Items of a personal nature