Get a taste of “Walk the Yorke” visiting South Australia’s beautiful Yorke Peninsula.
Walk sections of the most gorgeous coastal regions of lower Yorke Peninsula and Dhilba Guuranda – Innes National Park with views and remote beachy landscapes.
Stay in the beautiful coastal village of Marion Bay in comfortable motel style accommodation (double or single room options available). This trip is perfect for those starting out in the multi-day walking scene. Suitable for solo walkers, couples, families and walking groups – contact us for group rates! We provide a comprehensive walking kit with maps so you can plan your walks. With delicious meals included as per the itinerary including a packed lunch on walking days, it’s the perfect time to Walk the Yorke!
Self guided walks in the beautiful Yorke Peninsula.
- Date: Anytime
- Destination: Yorke Peninsula, SA
- Type: Self Guided
- Start: Marion Bay, South Australia
- Finish: Marion Bay, South Australia
- Investment: $350 incl GST per person
- A basic level of fitness is required to walk the trails on this trip.
- You should be able to walk on a variety of surfaces: undulating trails, rocky paths and soft sand.
- Walking distance is up to 12km each day.
Choose from a range of coastal walks both in and around Dhilba Guuranda – Innes National Park on the Walk the Yorke trails
Depending on what time you arrive into Marion Bay, you can choose from a range of shorter circuit or out and back walks to get your legs moving!
It may be tucked away in one of the more northern corners of the park, but Royston Head Hike is one trail you shouldn’t overlook. Setting off from the adjacent car park, the firm terrain trail winds through bushy landscape; showcasing some of the Yorke Peninsula’s most stunning flora and fauna.
If you would rather hit the beach today for a walk we can also suggest a couple of sandy experiences with pounding surf and salty breezes.
You can check in to your accommodation from 2pm today.
Meals Included: dinner
After breakfast, you can head off at your leisure with a packed lunch to start your walking day.
From the beach and quaint streets of Marion Bay, to the overland fields that stretch beyond Dhilba Guuranda – Innes National Park, the Walk the Yorke Trail from Marion Bay to Stenhouse Bay showcases the diverse beauty of South Australia’s landscape and native animals. This walk can be started from either Slow Street in Marion Bay, heading towards Stenhouse Bay, or walkers can organise with the team from Marion Bay Tavern to be dropped at Stenhouse Bay and walk back to town. Regardless of where you start, this section of the Walk the Yorke Trail delivers some of the most breath-taking views of the Peninsula. There is an extra 2km scenic circuit trail around the head offering insight into the history of the area and amazing views.
Complimentary pick up and drop off is possible requesting through the Marion Bay Tavern.
Meals Included: breakfast, lunch, dinner
We suggest you combine these two walks to create a complete walk back in time. Starting from Stenhouse Bay, hit the scrubby inland trail to Inneston where interpretive signage will share the past of mining and small town life in the early 1900’s. Once at Inneston there is a further 2km historic walk around the buildings and surrounding area before returning by the Thomson-Pfitzner Trail to Stenhouse Bay.
Meals Included: breakfast, lunch
- This package is an unguided walking experience
- You must take responsibility for your own safety
- Transport is not included
- Itinerary and price subject to change at any time
- Twin share rooming applies, single room surcharge of $150 per person
- A comprehensive departure information kit is provided with gear suggestions plus minimal impact bushwalking principles. Your kit will include additional walking trails you can do while staying in Marion Bay. We also include suggested self drive routes to iconic features of Yorke Peninsula.
See travel terms and conditions here
Complimentary transfers available in Marion Bay
All meals as per the itinerary
B x 2 | L x 2 | D x 2
2 nights twin share accommodation
‘Walk the Yorke’ trails, Dhilba Guuranda – Innes National Park
- 2 nights twin share comfortable motel room accommodation in Marion Bay
- All meals as mentioned on the itinerary
- National Park entry fees
- Comprehensive Walk the Yorke information kit with maps and additional suggested walking trails
- A charity contribution to our Give Back program
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary
- Items of a personal nature
- Optional tours and sightseeing