Kangaroo Island self guided walk
Experience the recovering Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail (KIWT).
Hike the full length of the Wilderness Trail. Starting from the trailhead in Flinders Chase National Park through to Kelly Hill Caves.
Choose your own Kangaroo Island self guided walk itinerary.
Stay in comfort close to the trail. Choose from cabins, powered or unpowered camp sites.
Suitable for solo walkers, couples, families and walking groups – contact us for discounted group rates.
Hiking Packages (ex Adelaide, South Australia)
Hiking Packages (ex Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island)
Hiking Packages (ex Kingscote, Kangaroo Island)
Self guided walking on Kangaroo Island
- Date: Anytime
- Destination: Kangaroo Island, SA
- Type: Self Guided
- KIWT requires a good level of fitness
- You should be able to walk on a variety of surfaces
- Trail distance up to 70km
- Return land transfers
- Trail transfers daily
- Return ferry if travelling from Adelaide
- Based on camping and cabins at a nearby caravan park (note camping on the trail is not possible since the fires)
- Based on 2 person twin share in cabins or 2 persons per campsite
- Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail
- KIWT Fire Recovery Experience
- National Park entry fees
- Comprehensive KIWT information kit with maps
- A charity contribution to our Give Back program
- Vehicle transport on ferry
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- Meals and drinks
- Items of a personal nature
- Optional tours and sightseeing
Book and we’ll confirm availability prior to payment
Needing flights to Kangaroo Island?
We’re a registered travel agency. Get in touch.
Want accommodation in Adelaide?
We can help you with that too. Get in touch.
Do you want to self drive to the KIWT?
No problem, we can arrange that for you. Get in touch.
Find out more about the KIWT