Join Big Heart Adventures on our Micro Adventure for women on the Heysen Trail!
This Micro Adventure brings beautiful trails, fun and adventure over 2 days. It is the perfect opportunity to Find Yourself Be Yourself and Challenge Yourself!
Micro Adventures involve carrying a 60-75 litre backpack on moderately challenging trails and camping overnight. On this overnight hike we teach you how to manage your backpack, erect a tent, and cook a light weight meal. We also share hiking tips along the way.
Professionally led by our qualified and experienced bush-walking leaders – ladies, it’s time to overnight hike with us!
Small group Micro-adventures provide women an opportunity to experience overnight camping and multi-day hiking.
- Date: 22/8/20 – 23/8/20
- Destination: Mount Crawford Forest
- Type: Micro Adventure
- Group Size: Max 8 plus leaders
- Investment: $349 incl GST per person
- A moderate level of fitness is required to complete this overnight hike.
- The terrain is undulating and has hilly sections.
We meet at Mt Crawford at 9:30am for a briefing before distributing hiking gear. Then we show you how to properly pack the backpack. When ready we head off for 8 kilometres of trail hiking to our campsite for the night.
Once we reach camp we will enjoy an afternoon tea together (including a stove and fuel demonstration so you can have a go at cooking your dinner later!). Then it’s time to select your tent site and build your accommodation for the night. In the afternoon we will have time to explore the surrounding area and prepare our campfire (subject to fire restrictions). A long drop toilet and rainwater tank are available on site.
After dinner, dessert and hot drinks will be available (you can bring your own treats if you like too). Then its time to relax around the campfire after dark for a chat and laugh (subject to fire restrictions).
Meals Included: morning tea, snacks, afternoon tea, dinner, dessert
Start the day with a fresh brew of tea, coffee or hot chocolate, and a morning stretch. A hot breakfast will be prepared on the stoves provided or there is a choice of cereals. Then we pack up site (tents and gear) at 9:00am.
We will leave the camp on a combination of trails, enjoying one final hill before returning to our start/finish point. Once back at our cars, we will stretch, unpack our bags and redistribute any equipment.
To celebrate our achievement we include a cafe/bakery late lunch.
Meals Included: breakfast, morning tea, snacks, lunch,
- Read terms and conditions before booking
- Itinerary and price subject to change at any time
- Travel Insurance is recommended – click here for a quote from Covermore
- Note weather, group member welfare and a range of circumstances outside our control can mean last minute changes to our itinerary are necessary once on tour
Gear you will need:
- Rainproof jacket and pants (this is a must if wet weather is forecast)
- Gaiters (if you wear shorts)
- Water bottle/hydration kit
- Personal medications
- Clothing suitable for bushwalking that is quick drying, warm layers if chilly
- Sun protection such as hat, sunglasses and suncream, insect repellent (head/hat nets are good for the flies!)
- Sleeping attire
A minimum of 5 travellers are required for this trip to depart.
See travel terms and conditions here
Backpacks 60-75 litre
Stove & Fuel
Sleeping roll & Tent
All meals as per the itinerary
B x 1 | L x 1 | D x 1
1 night single tent
Heysen Trail hike
- Tent (1 and 2 person) or bring your own
- Backpacks 60-75 litre
- Cooking stove & fuel
- Sleeping roll
- All meals and snacks as mentioned on the itinerary
- Professionally led walks by our leaders qualified in Bushwalking Leadership and Remote Area First Aid
- Group First Aid Kit and emergency communication device
- Big Heart Adventures head sock
- Park entry fees
- A charity contribution to our Give Back program
- Full packing list will be provided
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Lunch (Day 1)
- Sleeping Bag and liner (please ask us if you cannot source this item)
- Rain-proof clothing & warm layers, and/or sun protective gear depending on the weather forecast.
- Items of a personal nature such as medications etc
- Compulsory items included in packing list (head torch, rain protective gear etc)