SA | Southern Flinders Ranges (Nukunu) Creeks, Climbs and Connection
Join Wise Women for a Southern Flinders Ranges walking Weekender!
With day packs only we enjoy moderate walks in ancient landscapes with views, connection time and comfortable group accommodation, with most meals included.
Professionally led by our qualified and experienced female outdoor leaders, we affectionately call this trip 3 Days, 3 Walks 3 Bakeries!
Small group multi day Southern Flinders Ranges walking tour for women to the ancient Flinders Ranges.
- A good level of fitness is required to walk on the trails on this trip.
- The terrain has inclines, declines, rocks and loose ground.
- We recommend you do some hilly walks (up to 12km) before this trip to maximise your enjoyment of the climbs and views.
We depart Adelaide at 8am and hit the highway heading north but not without a stop at Port Wakefield for morning tea with a choice of bakeries on offer. We have the opportunity to walk it off though with a stunning walk at Mambray Creek – 2-3 hour mostly flat walking with a short strenuous climb to a lookout. We enjoy a picnic lunch here.
We then head to our comfortable accommodation for a 2 night stay.
Meals Included: lunch, dinner, snacks
Today is our biggest day of walking, we take on the Dutchman’s Stern – a stunning 11km hike again with the most amazing views of the Conservation Park and wider Flinders Ranges all the way to the Spencer Gulf. We will pack lunch and enjoy a picnic along the way, returning to our accommodation for our final evening with grazing platters while watching a magnificent Flinders sunset.
Meals Included: breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, evening nibbles platter
Although we travel back to Adelaide today, we make the most of the views near Wilmington and follow the inland roads.
We head to the stunning Alligator Gorge and our next hike. The terrain here is rugged and a magical experience.
A lunch stop at an iconic bakery famous for gourmet pies and quandong tarts is a tradition (Bakery number 3!) After a fulfilling lunch, we should arrive in Adelaide at approximately 5pm.
Meals Included: breakfast, snacks
Please contact us before booking flights if you are joining us from interstate
- Read terms and conditions before booking
- Itinerary and price subject to change at any time
- Travel Insurance is recommended – click here for a quote from Covermore
- Rooming is twin share however we recommend you opt for a single room for a small supplement.
- Single rooms are available supplement is $100pp – please request this when booking
- Note weather, group member welfare and a range of circumstances outside our control can mean last minute changes to our itinerary are necessary once on tour
- Private transport to and from the Flinders Ranges is included from Adelaide, with multiple pick up points available in transit
- Please contact us before booking flights if you are joining us from interstate
Gear you will need:
- Rainproof jacket and pants (this is a must if wet weather is forecast)
- Gaiters (if you wear shorts)
- Backpack 35 litre
- Water bottle/hydration kit
- Personal medications
- Sleeping gear (pillow, sleeping bag and sheet, or blankets/quilt)
- Clothing suitable for bushwalking that is quick drying, warm layers if chilly
- Sun protection such as hat, sunglasses and suncream, insect repellent (head/hat nets are good for the flies!)
- Sleeping attire
- Walking poles
A minimum of 7 travellers are required for this trip to depart.
See travel terms and conditions here
Comfortable private vehicle
All meals as per the itinerary
B x 2 | L x 2 | D x 2
2 nights comfortable accommodation
Guided day walks each day with our qualified leaders. Iconic bakery visit
- 2 nights comfortable accommodation
- Comfortable private transport for the duration of the tour
- All meals and snacks as mentioned on the itinerary inc 2 course dinners and evening nibbles platters
- Professionally led walks by our leaders qualified in Bushwalking Leadership and Remote Area First Aid
- Group First Aid kit and emergency communication device
- Big Heart Adventures head sock
- National Park entry fees
- A charity contribution to our Give Back program
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary
- Items of a personal nature