Join Wise Women Walkers for a Weekender in the Flinders!
Find Yourself Be Yourself Challenge Yourself with this 3 day adventure!
No heavy pack carrying – enjoy moderate walks in ancient landscapes with views, connection time and rustic group accommodation, with most meals included.
Professionally led by our qualified and experienced female outdoor leaders, we affectionately call this trip 3 Days, 3 Walks 3 Bakeries!
Two night adventure for women to the ancient Flinders Ranges with comfortable accommodation each night.
- Date: 11/9/20 – 13/9/20
- Destination: Flinders Ranges South
- Type: Weekender
- Group Size: Max 11 plus leaders
- Investment: $850 incl GST per person
- A good level of fitness is required to walk on the trails on this trip.
- The terrain has inclines, declines, rocks and loose ground.
- We recommend you do some hilly walks (up to 12km) before this trip to maximise your enjoyment of the climbs and views.
We depart Adelaide at 8am and hit the highway heading north but not without a stop at Port Wakefield for morning tea with a choice of bakeries on offer. We have the opportunity to walk it off though with a stunning walk at Mambray Creek to Sugar Gum Lookout – 2-3 hour mostly flat walking with a short strenuous climb to the lookout. We enjoy a picnic lunch here. Distance 8km.
We then head to our historical accommodation nestled amongst nature at Dutchman’s Stern Conservation Park for a 2 night stay. Our accommodation is basic and bunkstyle but comfy – you will be required to bring your own linen and sleeping gear (pillow, towel, sheets and blankets or sheet and sleeping bag). Camping (with gear provided) is also available for those who enjoy sleeping under the stars.
Meals Included: lunch, dinner, snacks
Today is our biggest day of walking, we take on the Dutchman’s Stern – a stunning 11km hike again with the most amazing views of the Conservation Park and wider Flinders Ranges all the way to the Spencer Gulf. We will pack lunch and enjoy a picnic along the way, returning to our accommodation for our final evening with grazing platters while watching a magnificent Flinders sunset.
Meals Included: breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, evening nibbles platter
Although we head home today, we make the most of the trails near Wilmington as we journey the inland roads back to the city. We check out by 8am and head to Alligator Gorge approx 1 hours drive south of Quorn for an optional 3.3km circuit hike (Gorge here is STUNNING). This hike should take us around 2 hours. The terrain here is ROCKY and loose underfoot in the gorge itself – sturdy walking shoes or boots highly recommended.
A lunch stop at Stone Hut Bakery is a TRADITION as we make our way back to Adelaide! (Bakery number 3!) After a fulfilling lunch, we should be back in Adelaide by approx 5pm.
Meals Included: breakfast, snacks
Please contact us before booking flights if you are joining us from interstate
- Read terms and conditions before booking
- Itinerary and price subject to change at any time
- Travel Insurance is recommended – click here for a quote from Covermore
- Rooming is double, triple or quad share in bunk rooms
- Limited single rooms with double beds are available supplement is $100pp – please request this when booking
- Note weather, group member welfare and a range of circumstances outside our control can mean last minute changes to our itinerary are necessary once on tour
- Private transport to and from the Flinders Ranges is included from Adelaide, with multiple pick up points available in transit
- Please contact us before booking flights if you are joining us from interstate
Gear you will need:
- Rainproof jacket and pants (this is a must if wet weather is forecast)
- Gaiters (if you wear shorts)
- Backpack 35 litre
- Water bottle/hydration kit
- Personal medications
- Sleeping gear (pillow, sleeping bag and sheet, or blankets/quilt)
- Clothing suitable for bushwalking that is quick drying, warm layers if chilly
- Sun protection such as hat, sunglasses and suncream, insect repellent (head/hat nets are good for the flies!)
- Sleeping attire
- Walking poles
A minimum of 7 travellers are required for this trip to depart.
See travel terms and conditions here
Luxury private transport
All meals as per the itinerary
B x 2 | L x 2 | D x 2
2 nights bunk style accommodation or camping option available
Guided day walks each day with our qualified leaders. Stone Hut Bakery
- 2 nights comfortable accommodation
- Luxury private transport for the duration of the tour
- All meals and snacks as mentioned on the itinerary inc 2 course dinners and evening nibbles platters
- Professionally led walks by our leaders qualified in Bushwalking Leadership and Remote Area First Aid
- Group First Aid kit and emergency communication device
- Big Heart Adventures head sock
- National Park entry fees
- A charity contribution to our Give Back program
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary
- Items of a personal nature