Join Wise Women Walkers for a coastal Weekender on the stunning Fleurieu Peninsula.
Find Yourself Be Yourself Challenge Yourself with this 3 day adventure!
No heavy pack carrying. Coastal walks and trails offering some challenge but reward with dramatic coastline views and nature inspired moments. Comfy twin share retreat style group accommodation and all meals while travelling with us are included each day.
Our Weekenders are an opportunity to go off the grid and connect with yourself, nature and like-minded women.
Professionally led by our qualified and experienced outdoor leaders, ladies, it’s time to walk with us!
Small group hosted adventure for women involving day walks and comfortable accommodation each night.
- Date: 28/5/21 – 30/5/21
- Destination: Fleurieu Peninsula
- Type: Weekender
- Group Size: Max 11 plus leaders
- Investment: $1,240 incl GST per person
- We’ve graded this Weekender as easy-moderate with half day and short walks.
- We will be walking with day packs carrying up to 5kg.
- The trails are mostly undulating, involving uphill and downhill terrain.
- Please ensure you have some hilly walking experience.
We depart from Adelaide in our luxury vehicle. Stopping en route at Yankalilla for morning tea and any last-minute supplies before making our way to Ingalalla Falls. Its a short put pretty walk to the base of the falls.
Next we travel to Deep Creek Conservation Park and our wildflower walk. We will walk for approximately 2 hours (5km) enjoying a picnic lunch on the trail. Boarding our luxury private transport once again we head to our accommodation, arriving by mid afternoon and check in to our accommodation at Kings Beach.
This afternoon is at your leisure – we offer an optional sunset walk down to the beach or late afternoon yoga stretch before our traditional sundowners platters. Once at Kings Beach you will want to make sure you take in the endless views and unwind ready for the weekend.
Meals Included: lunch, dinner, snacks
After breakfast, we will enjoy the dramatic coastline along the cliffy trails between Kings Beach and Waitpinga Beach in Newland Head Conservation Park.
This 12km walk will take approx 4-6 hours following the Heysen Trail where we will enjoy a picnic lunch along the way. Large sections of the trail allow unobstructive spectacular views. Following along the cliffs and inland towards the Conservation Park where it is possible to see a bit of wildlife along the way.
In the afternoon we will return to our accommodation for an optional yoga stretch, reflection activity and of course sundowners.
Meals Included: breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, evening nibbles platter
Our final day involves following the trails from our accommodation at Kings Beach into Victor Harbor.
After an optional morning yoga session and breakfast, we will follow the Heysen Trail and Heritage Trail for 3.5km (approx. 1.5hrs) and up the Bluff for those who want a challenge.
We will have an opportunity for a coffee and some morning tea. Then we head to the causeway and walk out to Granite Island to complete the Kaiki Walk (3km) also known as the Sculpture Trail.
We walk to our lunch spot in Victor Harbor for a hotel lunch before we journey back to Adelaide via McLaren Vale. McLaren Vale provides an opportunity for purchases and to stretch the legs.
We will return to Adelaide by 5pm.
Meals Included: breakfast, hotel lunch, snacks
Please contact us before booking flights if you are joining us from interstate.
- Read terms and conditions before booking
- Itinerary and price subject to change at any time
- Travel Insurance is recommended – click here for a quote from Covermore
- Group share rooming applies, single rooms are limited, surcharge of $400 per person
- Note weather, group member welfare and a range of circumstances outside our control can mean last minute changes to our itinerary are necessary once on tour
- Private transport to and from the Fleurieu Peninsula is included from Adelaide, with multiple pick up points available in transit
- Please contact us before booking flights if you are joining us from interstate
Gear you will need:
- Rainproof jacket and pants (this is a must if wet weather is forecast)
- Backpack 35 litre
- Water bottle/hydration kit
- Personal medications
- Clothing suitable for bushwalking that is quick drying, warm layers if chilly
- Sun protection such as hat, sunglasses and suncream, insect repellent (head/hat nets are good for the flies!)
- Sleeping attire
- Walking poles
A minimum of 7 travellers are required for this trip to depart.
See travel terms and conditions here
Luxury private transport
All meals as per the itinerary
B x 2 | L x 3 | D x 2
2 nights ocean front retreat style accommodation
Guided walks each day with our qualified leaders. Granite Island,
Ingalalla Falls, Deep Creek Conservation Park, McLaren Vale
- 2 nights ocean front retreat style accommodation
- Luxury private transport for the duration of the tour
- All meals and snacks as mentioned on the itinerary inc 2 course dinners and evening nibbles platters
- A hotel lunch in Victor Harbor
- Professionally led walks by our leaders qualified in Bushwalking Leadership and Remote Area First Aid
- Group First Aid kit and emergency communication device
- Big Heart Adventures head sock
- National Park entry fees
- A charity contribution to our Give Back program
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary
- Items of a personal nature