Art in Nature weekender for women
Yorke Peninsula Wellness
Join our Yorke Peninsula Wellness Weekender exploring Art in Nature on Narungga Country.
Stop, get creative and relax on this nature and art inspired 3 day wellness weekender.
You will enjoy daily yoga, gentle walking, nature therapy, plant based dining and nature workshops. Inspiring your creativity. Thanks to nature: ocean, coastline, garden and big skies, join us for a soulful weekend of slow time.
This trip is perfect if you are looking for an inspiring arty escape. No artistic skill is required just a willingness to participate in activities offering therapeutic benefits of slow down, connection and reflection.
Professionally led by qualified yoga instructors, workshop facilitators and nature therapy guides, ladies its time to escape in nature with us!
Our journey starts at 8:30am from Adelaide.
We drive to Yorke Peninsula stopping for comfort stops and a coastal beach walk and lunch near Point Turton.
Then we continue to our accommodation at Ballara Art and Lifestyle Retreat. Here we enjoy an ocean inspired workshop making terrariums / oceanariums, followed by a 1 hour Dru yoga session as the sun sets.
Our freshly prepared 2 course dinner tonight is plant based. Afterwards we enjoy a cultural campfire chat to acknowledge our First Nations brothers and sisters, the Narungga People. It is their land we stay on for our Wellness Weekender.
Meals Included: Lunch, Snacks, 2 Course Dinner
Walking Distance: up to 4km
Start your day with sunrise yoga and a hot breakfast.
Then head to the beach for an ocean therapy session facilitated by our qualified nature therapy guide. You will spend the morning connecting deeply with the coastal landscapes before enjoying tea and lunch.
Returning to our accommodation, we enjoy a Ghost Rope workshop. Creating figures using salvaged rope found on the local beach.
Later this afternoon is free time. Your opportunity to book a massage, or complete unfinished art from the workshops.
After a 2 course dinner, we enjoy a cacao ceremony and women’s circle.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, 2 Course Dinner
Walking Distance: 2km +
After sunrise yoga, enjoy hot breakfast on the terrace of our gorgeous accommodation.
Your morning today includes a mindful nature journaling session. This is offered on the grounds of our retreat or at a nearby beach.
We have the opportunity for a gentle beach or coastal walk along the Walk the Yorke trail. A picnic lunch will be provided on our walk.
Fulfilled, relaxed and whole, we return to Adelaide by 5pm allowing for comfort stops.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks
Walking Distance: 6-8km
Need To Know
- Comfortable private vehicle transport
- All meals and snacks as per the itinerary
- 2 course dinners (plant based)
- Grazing platters
- B x 2 | L x 3 | D x 2
- 2 nights comfortable share house accommodation
- Professionally guided walks by our female Leaders
- Yoga Sessions with our qualified instructor
- Guided Nature Therapy Walk
- Facilitated Art Workshops
- Cultural Campfire Chat
- Cacao Ceremony and Women’s Circle
- Group First Aid kit and emergency communication device
- Leaders certified in Remote Area/Wilderness First Aid
- Qualified Bushwalking Leaders
- Small group guided experience
- Leave No Trace principles
- Invitations to connect with nature
- Reduce waste through recycling, reusing and composting
Big Heart Extras
- Big Heart Adventures designed head sock
- A charity contribution to our Give Back program
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary
- Items of a personal nature
A detailed packing list is provided prior to travel
- Gear you will need:
- Rainproof jacket and pants
- Daypack (35 litre approx.)
- Water bottles/hydration kit (min 3Ltrs)
- Personal medications
- Clothing suitable for bushwalking that is quick drying, warm layers if chilly – consider merino/synthetic clothing
- Sun protection such as hat, sunglasses and suncream, insect repellent (if joining us in warmer months consider a head net for the flies)
- Sleeping attire