Weekender For Women
Join Big Heart Adventures on the Grampians Weekender!
This Weekender brings stunning trails, incredible views and waterfalls connecting you to nature and yourself over 4 beautiful days.
Carrying a day pack only on selected moderately challenging day hikes, with comfortable accommodation each night and most meals included, this Weekender is the perfect opportunity to Find Yourself Be Yourself and Challenge Yourself!
Professionally led by our qualified and experienced outdoor leaders – ladies, it’s time to walk with us!
Price - $1460
Secure your spot today with a $400 deposit!
Small group hosted weekender with women only involving moderate to challenging day walks and comfortable accommodation each night.
Date: Sept 4th to 7th 2020
Start: Adelaide SA
Finish: Adelaide SA
Type: Wise Women Walking
Group Size: Max 11 plus leaders
Investment: $1460 incl GST per person
Part proceeds from this tour will support Essentials 4 Women SA.
For disadvantaged women, Essentials 4 Women SA aim to provide the basic, but costly, items for feminine hygiene including sanitary products and underwear.
Their passion for helping women promises to help empower and enhance the wellbeing and dignity for some of the most vulnerable people in our community.
Luxury private transport
All meals as per the itinerary
B x 3 | L x 3 | D x 3
3 nights bunk style accommodation
Moderately graded hikes in and around Grampians
Please note itinerary can be subject to change at anytime.
- See full terms and conditions on our booking form HERE
- Itinerary and price subject to change at any time
- Please enquire about Cancel for Any Reason Insurance with Covermore (must be purchased within 48 hours of booking only)
- Rooming is double, triple or quad share in bunk rooms
- Single rooms are available for a surcharge of $150pp – please request this when booking
- Note weather, group member welfare and a range of circumstances outside our control can mean last minute changes to our itinerary are necessary once on tour
- Private transport to and from the Grampians is included from Adelaide, with multiple pick up points available in transit between Adelaide and Victoria
Gear you will need:
- rainproof jacket and pants (this is a must if wet weather is forecast)
- gaiters (if you wear shorts)
- backpack 35 litre
- water bottle/hydration kit
- personal medications
- sleeping gear (pillow, sleeping bag and sheet, or blankets/quilt)
- clothing suitable for bushwalking that is quick drying, warm layers if chilly
- sun protection such as hat, sunglasses and suncream, insect repellent (head/hat nets are good for the flies!)
- sleeping attire
- walking poles
A minimum of 7 travellers are required for this trip to depart.
Itinerary and price subject to change at any time. See full terms and conditions on our booking form.
A good level of fitness is required to walk on the trails on this trip. The terrain has inclines, declines, rocks, steep sections and loose ground. We recommend you do some hilly walks (up to 12km) before this trip to maximise your enjoyment of the climbs and views.
- 3 nights comfortable accommodation
- Luxury private transport for the duration of the tour
- All meals and snacks as mentioned on the itinerary inc 2 course dinners and evening nibbles platters
- Professionally led walks by our leaders qualified in Bushwalking Leadership and Remote Area First Aid
- Group First Aid Kit and emergency communication device
- Big Heart Adventures head sock
- National Park entry fees
- A charity contribution to our Give Back program
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary
- Items of a personal nature
Meet your host
Colleen hails from Keith in the South East of South Australia. Her love of bushwalking has seen her complete the Inca Trail in Peru and also on a journey to complete the highest peaks in each state and territory of Australia.
When Colleen is not leading walks for Big Heart, she is planning her own overnight and multiday hiking adventures with a love of the alpine High Country of Victoria and NSW. In 2019, Colleen started a free walking group for local women in Keith to come together and walk each week for 1 hour followed by local bushwalking events in nearby conservation parks.
Colleen loves encouraging women to give walking a go and feel the benefits both physically and mentally spending time with Mother Nature.
Price - $1460pp
Per Person. Secure your spot today with a $400 deposit!