Weekend Walks for Women – Sturt Gorge 24 APR 2021
April 24 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Secure your spot HERE.
Tickets are discounted for members or $35pp plus booking fee for non-members.
See our membership packages for Wise Women Walking
We take on the River Hike along stunning Sturt Gorge with the challenge of climbs, creek crossings and rocky terrain rewarding us with waterfalls and views across the hills and plains.
Join us for this Grade 4 hike crossing creeks and taking on a few rocky climbs – this hike includes one way transport to our start point, 8km of hiking plus we include home baked Anzac Biscuits and refreshments at the conclusion of our hike 🙂
THIS IS A MODERATE/HARD HIKE WITH PLENTY OF ADVENTURE!
Please note this walk will take approx 3-4 hours covering approx 8km and along flowing creeks (creek crossings, rocky scrambles, steep uphill and downhill sections are all part of our hike – please be prepared for this with the right gear and fitness level).
Your Leader for this walk is Kim. Our Leaders carry group first aid kits, emergency communication devices and are experienced and qualified bushwalking leaders.
Please arrive at 8.45am and be ready for the bus leaving at 9am 🙂 We meet at Gate 18 Bonneyview Road Flagstaff Hill.
As it is going to be a potentially wet/sunny day, the following items will be needed:
– a daypack (35 litre) backpack
– 1-2 litres of water
– sun protection (hat, sunnies, suncream) or wet weather gear – a waterproof jacket and pants is a must if rain is forecast (cheap rain pants can be sought at camping and adventure stores)
– blister kit/personal meds
– high energy snack/fruit
– boots/comfortable walking shoes
– warm clothing for after the walk (jumper/jacket)
– walking poles (optional)
– gold coin donation for MOSH our chosen charity supporting South Australians through the minimalisation of suicidal harm (or you can donate when you book your ticket via the donation link)
Please ensure you have the minimum gear required as no refunds are possible after booking. If you arrive underprepared without wet weather clothing or the gear listed above, our Leaders have the right to ask you not to walk with us for safety reasons if you do not have the weather appropriate gear with you.
If the weather forecast is for extreme weather or a fire ban is issued for the Adelaide Hills, this walk will be cancelled the day before.
Our walks are all about fun, fitness and friendship – not a personal training session. If we can’t walk and talk at the same time we are walking too fast! And we never leave anyone behind.
If you have any questions, you can call Lisa Murphy with any questions on 0418 802 361 (0477 053 260 on the day of the walk only).
Minimum age requirement is 15 years old as long they are accompanied by a supervising adult – please check with Lisa if unsure.
BOOKING CONDITIONS FOR ALL BIG HEART ADVENTURES EVENTS FROM MAY 27th 2020 ONWARDS
All our events are subject to new booking conditions as we continue to maintain physical distancing requirements and the safety and well-being of our walkers and leaders.
Please ensure you read and answer all questions during the booking process and understand the arrival procedure and policy for our walking events before buying your ticket.
Upon arrival at our events, all participants are required to temperature test and read the following questionnaire as part of the sign-in process for the event. If you answer yes to any of these questions you must not attend this event and contact us to cancel your ticket. A credit will be offered for use on a future event within 6 months of the event.
Big Heart Adventures is doing its part to actively control against the transmission of COVID-19 and other contagious illnesses. The well-being of our staff and participants is our highest priority, we do all that we can to provide a healthy and safe environment. This form must be read by all staff and participants prior to any trip or activity.
Please carefully read through the following questions:
- Have you returned to Australia from overseas in the last 14 days?
- Have you travelled from interstate in the last 14 days (excluding designated essential travellers)?
- Do you have any symptoms of a cold, flu, or virus? These include shortness of breath, feeling faint, coughing, high temperature?
- Have you been in a ‘COVID-19 declared area’ at the time of the declaration?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone that has been diagnosed with COVID-19, anyone that has come from a ‘declared area’, or anyone that has displayed symptoms of a cold, flu, or virus? Please note that you must have a medical doctor’s certificate post contact clearing you of a flu or virus.
- You must comply with the practices of good hygiene and social distancing. Does this cause you concern?
If you answer ‘yes’ to any questions above, or you are a designated essential traveller please speak to your Big Heart Adventures representative and do not attend this event. By answering ‘yes’ to any of these questions you will not be permitted to travel or participate in this trip or event.
For any queries at all please contact Big Heart Adventures – Ian (0488 083 337) or Lisa (0418 802 361).