- This event has passed.
Wednesday Walks for Women – Chambers Gully 19 AUG 2020
19 August, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Secure your spot HERE.
Join our Wise Women Walking Weekend Walk for an extended Chambers Gully loop!
Tickets are discounted for members or $20pp plus booking fee for non-members.
To see our membership packages head to here
THIS IS A MODERATE-HARD WALK
Please arrive at 9.45am for an 10:00am start, at Langman Reserve Carpark – punch 24 Waterfall Gully Road into your GPS and the car park will be just on the left hand side of this address as you head up Waterfall Gully Road. Toilets are located up the hill behind the car park.
Kim will be your walk leader and will be here to meet you.
We will walk for approx 12km and up to 4 hours (please remember to bring lunch).
Our leaders carry group first aid kits, emergency communication devices and are experienced bushwalking leaders.
Due to the variability of the weather, the following items will be needed:
– a daypack (25-35 litre) backpack- 1-2 litres of water- sun protection (hat, sunnies, suncream) or wet weather gear (we will check the forecast and remind you all what to expect!)- blister kit/personal medication- high energy snacks/fruit – a light lunch is recommended- boots/comfortable walking shoes- warm clothing for after the walk (jumper/jacket)- walking poles (optional)
Please ensure you have the minimum gear required as no refunds are possible after booking. If you arrive underprepared without wet weather clothing or the gear listed above, our Leaders have the right to ask you not to walk with us for safety reasons if you do not have the weather appropriate gear with you.
Help us to support our partner charity MOSH by making a donation either at time of booking or on the day thank you 🙂 For more information on MOSH head to www.moshaustralia.org.au
Our walks are all about fun, fitness and friendship – not a personal training session. If we can’t walk and talk at the same time we are walking too fast! And we never leave anyone behind.
If the weather forecast is for extreme weather or a fire ban is issue for the Adelaide Hills, this walk will be cancelled the day before and fully refunded.
If you have any questions, you can call Lisa Murphy with any questions on 0418 802 361 (0478 825 144 on the day of the walk only).
Minimum age requirement is 15 years old as long they are accompanied by a supervising adult – please check with Lisa if unsure.
BOOKING CONDITIONS FOR ALL BIG HEART ADVENTURES EVENTS FROM MAY 27th 2020 ONWARDS
All our events are subject to new booking conditions as we continue to maintain physical distancing requirements and the safety and well-being of our walkers and leaders. Maximum of 9 walkers and 1 leader in one group at any one time applies.
Please ensure you read and answer all questions during the booking process and understand the arrival procedure and policy for our walking events before buying your ticket.
Upon arrival at our events, all participants are required to temperature test and read the following questionnaire as part of the sign-in process for the event. If you answer yes to any of these questions you MUST NOT attend this event and contact us to cancel your ticket. A credit will be offered for use on a future event within 6 months of the event.
Big Heart Adventures is doing its part to actively control against the transmission of COVID-19 and other contagious illnesses. The well-being of our staff and participants is our highest priority, we do all that we can to provide a healthy and safe environment. This form must be read by all staff and participants prior to any trip or activity.
Please carefully read through the following questions:
- Have you returned to Australia from overseas in the last 14 days?
- Have you travelled from interstate in the last 14 days (excluding designated essential travellers)?
- Do you have any symptoms of a cold, flu, or virus? These include shortness of breath, feeling faint, coughing, high temperature?
- Have you been in a ‘COVID-19 declared area’ at the time of the declaration?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone that has been diagnosed with COVID-19, anyone that has come from a ‘declared area’, or anyone that has displayed symptoms of a cold, flu, or virus? Please note that you must have a medical doctor’s certificate post contact clearing you of a flu or virus.
- You must comply with the practices of good hygiene and social distancing. Does this cause you concern?
If you answer ‘yes’ to any questions above, or you are a designated essential traveller please speak to your Big Heart Adventures representative and do not attend this event. By answering ‘yes’ to any of these questions you will not be permitted to travel or participate in this trip or event.
For any queries at all please contact Big Heart Adventures – Ian (0488 083 337) or Lisa (0418 802 361).