- This event has passed.
Heysen Trail – Dashwood Gully to Mylor 16 AUG 2020
16 August, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Secure your spot HERE
Join us to tackle 4 sections of the Heysen Trail over 4 Sundays in August.
Tickets are discounted for members or $50pp plus booking fee for non-members.
To see our membership packages head to here
THIS IS RATED A MODERATE TO HARD WALK
Please arrive 7.45am for 8am bus departure start. A map with meet spot and parking options will be sent to all walkers by email at least 48 hours before the event.
Kim and Nola will be you walk leaders and will be here to meet you.
Our leaders carry group first aid kits, emergency communication devices and are experienced bushwalking leaders.
We will walk the Heysen Trail Dashwood Gully to Mylor approx 23km taking approx 6-7 hours depending on group pace.
You need a good level of fitness (this is not a beginners walk!) and are keen to walk with a likeminded group of women(max 20), regroup regularly for positive team vibes and have all the logistics looked after including one way transport between finish and start line – we also throw in a bit of home baked goods for the journey.
With the goal of walking for positive physical and mental wellbeing we choose to support MOSH Australia by collecting donations on their behalf during the walking season. MOSH aims to reduce the harm of suicide in our community. You can find out more about the programs MOSH offer here. Thank you in advance for choosing to donate when you book!
We have a compulsory gear list for our Heysen walks – please ensure you have these items before you book as no refunds are possible. Note weather conditions vary throughout the season and are location dependent too.
– Waterproof raincoat and rain pants
– Backpack and rain cover
– Water bottles or hydration kit capable of holding up to 3 litres of water
– Personal medications (eg puffers)
– Quick dry clothing that is layerable for varying weather conditions
– Boots (worn in, sturdy)
– Warm jumper or puffy jacket (this is in case we have any extended unplanned stops)
– Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses
– Beanie, gloves
– Insect repellent
– Snacks and lunch
– Whistle (note some backpacks have these built in on the chest strap)
– If you usually use them, bring your hiking poles
Please ensure you have the minimum gear required as no refunds are possible after booking. If you arrive underprepared without wet weather clothing or the gear listed above, our Leaders have the right to ask you not to walk with us for safety reasons if you do not have the weather appropriate gear with you.
Help us to support our partner charity MOSH by making a donation either at time of booking or on the day thank you 🙂 For more information on MOSH head to www.moshaustralia.org.au
Our walks are all about fun, fitness and friendship – not a personal training session. If we can’t walk and talk at the same time we are walking too fast! And we never leave anyone behind.
If the weather forecast is for extreme weather or a fire ban is issue for the Adelaide Hills, this walk will be cancelled the day before and fully refunded.
If you have any questions, you can call Lisa Murphy with any questions on 0418 802 361 (0473 523 939 on the day of the walk only).
Minimum age requirement is 15 years old as long they are accompanied by a supervising adult – please check with Lisa if unsure.
BOOKING CONDITIONS FOR ALL BIG HEART ADVENTURES EVENTS FROM MAY 27th 2020 ONWARDS
All our events are subject to new booking conditions as we continue to maintain physical distancing requirements and the safety and well-being of our walkers and leaders. Maximum of 9 walkers and 1 leader in one group at any one time applies.
Please ensure you read and answer all questions during the booking process and understand the arrival procedure and policy for our walking events before buying your ticket.
Upon arrival at our events, all participants are required to temperature test and read the following questionnaire as part of the sign-in process for the event. If you answer yes to any of these questions you must not attend this event and contact us to cancel your ticket. A credit will be offered for use on a future event within 6 months of the event.
Big Heart Adventures is doing its part to actively control against the transmission of COVID-19 and other contagious illnesses. The well-being of our staff and participants is our highest priority, we do all that we can to provide a healthy and safe environment. This form must be read by all staff and participants prior to any trip or activity.
Please carefully read through the following questions:
- Have you returned to Australia from overseas in the last 14 days?
- Have you travelled from interstate in the last 14 days (excluding designated essential travellers)?
- Do you have any symptoms of a cold, flu, or virus? These include shortness of breath, feeling faint, coughing, high temperature?
- Have you been in a ‘COVID-19 declared area’ at the time of the declaration?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone that has been diagnosed with COVID-19, anyone that has come from a ‘declared area’, or anyone that has displayed symptoms of a cold, flu, or virus? Please note that you must have a medical doctor’s certificate post contact clearing you of a flu or virus.
- You must comply with the practices of good hygiene and social distancing. Does this cause you concern?
If you answer ‘yes’ to any questions above, or you are a designated essential traveller please speak to your Big Heart Adventures representative and do not attend this event. By answering ‘yes’ to any of these questions you will not be permitted to travel or participate in this trip or event.
For any queries at all please contact Big Heart Adventures – Ian (0488 083 337) or Lisa (0418 802 361).