WILDERNESS TRAIL | KANGAROO ISLAND
Join Big Heart Adventures as we soak in the varying landscape, the symphony of wildlife and stunning natural features of the Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail.
We hike the entire length from the Flinders Chase Visitor Centre to Kelly Hill Caves.
We provide all transfers on and off the trail each day to our nearby comfortable accommodation at the Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat. We provide a relaxed start and finish to our tour so that you begin the hike refreshed and leave feeling re-energised.
In this fully supported trek we walk with daypacks amongst ancient rocky riverscapes, coastal cliff lines, sandy beaches and unique geological formations. We visit famous natural landmarks such as Admiral’s Arch and Remarkable Rocks, and head underground to explore the Kelly Hill Caves (all 3 are just too amazing to simply walk past).
We boardwalk amongst the fur seals and sea-lions that visit the Arch, and relax each night nearby at the Retreat enjoying delicious chef prepared 2 course dinners.
Our hosts will be with you the entire way to guide and assist and take care of all the detail, so you can relax and absorb the stunning surroundings.
Bring your comfortable walking boots and an adventurous spirit for this unique wilderness trail.
Small group guided adventure hiking the entire Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail from start to finish.
A trip with comfort, challenge, adventure and relaxation rolled into one.
Date: 09/04/20 – 14/04/20
Start: Adelaide, SA
Finish: Adelaide, SA
Type: Challenge Trip
Group Size: 11 + Guides/Leaders
Investment: $2,699 per person
Accommodation: Twin Share
Date 18/07/19 – 25/07/19
Start Alice Springs, NT
Finish Alice Springs, NT
Type Wise Women Walking
Group Size Up to 12
Investment $3,299 per person | twin share
Part proceeds from this trip will go to the Zahra Foundation.
Zahra Foundation’s mission is to assist South Australian women and children affected by domestic and family violence, empowering them and providing pathways towards economic independence.
No flights required.
Flights to Adelaide can be arranged separately, please contact us for more information.
All meals as per the itinerary.
B x 5 | L x 5 | D x 5
Private Minibus transport and Ferry to and from Kangaroo Island.
All ground transport during tour.
5 nights twin share hotel accommodation.
Hike the Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail.
Guided cave tour.
Gin tasting and mixing.
Please note itinerary can be subject to change at anytime.
- See Big Heart Adventures full terms and conditions here
- A minimum number of 6 travellers are required for this tour to depart
- Please do not book flights or other travel arrangements until we have guaranteed our departure
- Limited single rooms are available for a surcharge
- Itinerary and price subject to change at any time
A moderate level of fitness is required to complete the 62km Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail.
This itinerary is based on full days hiking with a daypack. Terrain is rocky at times under foot and be prepared for soft beach sand for lengthy periods on some days.
- Big Heart Adventures ioMerino hiking top and head sock
- Big Heart Adventures trip specific training sessions and or program
- Big Heart Adventures discount card for pre-departure purchases at Scouts Outdoor Centre (15% off)
- Big Heart Adventures experienced Outdoor Leader/Guides (x2) with you
- Big Heart Adventures journal
- Group First Aid kit and emergency communication device
- A comprehensive pre-departure information kit
- Hiking the entire Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail (start to finish)
- Private comfortable transfer, Adelaide CBD to and from Kangaroo Island
- All private transfers whilst on Kangaroo Island
- 1 night x Aurora Ozone Hotel (Executive Sea View rooms – twin share)
- 4 nights x Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat (Courtyard suites – twin share)
- Gin tasting and mixing class
- Celebratory lunch of Modern Australian cuisine
- 5 x cooked breakfasts, and 5 x restaurant dinners (2 courses)
- 4 x fresh pack lunches
- Ranger guided tour of Kelly Hill Caves
- Visit to Remarkable Rocks
- Visit to Admirals Arch and get up close to the fur seals and sea-lions that visit there
- Park and Trail fees
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary
- Items of a personal nature