Challenge Trip – Everest Base Camp | Nepal – Himalayas
Join Big Heart Adventures for 20 incredible days of exploration in Nepal. This journey is the ultimate challenge to the ambitious trekker. Your trek takes to you to the foot of Mt. Everest and will see you traversing the challenging 5420m Cho La (pass).
You will have the opportunity to trek to the summit of both Gokyo Ri, at 5340m and Kala Pattar, at 5554m. Both peaks will afford magnificent views of the highest mountains in the world, including Mt Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu, Cho Oyu and many more. Your trek also includes a mountain classic, a visit to Everest Base Camp, which will allow you to have a closer look at the spectacular Khumbu Icefall.
This trek requires you to be adequately fit, but not necessarily a highly experienced trekker. Sometimes the fittest people come down with altitude sickness problems from going up too fast, so we make sure we take our time and pace our ascent!
Price - TBA
Per Person Twin Share
Secure your spot today with a $TBA deposit!
Small group, hosted active, challenging trek involving hiking at high to very high altitude. Comfortable hotel both before and after the trek.
Type: Challenge Trip
Group Size: 12
Investment: $TBA per person
Date 20/10/19 – 30/10/19
Start Brisbane, QLD
Finish Brisbane, QLD
Country Papua New Guinea
Type Challenge Trip
Group Size Up to 20
Investment $4,745 per person | twin share
Flights between Kathmandu and Lukla included
All meals as per the itinerary
B x 19 | L x 16 | D x 17
All meals & filtered water provided as per the itinerary in Nepal
All ground and airport transfers in minibus and private vehicles
4 nights Hotel
15 nights Tea House
Optional pre trek group walks
Day tours in Kathmandu
Trekking in the Himalayas to Everest Base Camp
Please note itinerary can be subject to change at anytime.
- See Big Heart Adventures full terms and conditions here
- A minimum number of travellers are required for this tour to depart
- Please do not book flights or other travel arrangements until we have guaranteed our departure
- Limited single rooms are available for a surcharge $400 – note the tea houses cannot guarantee a single room on this trek – this fee only covers the accommodation in Kathmandu
- If there is no-one to share a room with you, you will be required to pay a single supplement. We will match you with a room mate at your request
- A minimum of 6 travellers are required for this trip to depart
- Itinerary and price subject to change at any time. See full terms and conditions on our booking form
- Additional costs may be incurred due to changes in programs and reservations due to unforeseen events (eg landslides, strikes, fuel shortages etc) please budget your spending money to include some emergency funds
- Every effort will be made to keep to the itinerary, but as this is Adventure Travel in the mountains, we cannot guarantee it
- Weather conditions, road conditions, vehicle breakdowns and the health of fellow travellers can all contribute to changes
- We will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan – an easy-going nature will be an asset!
- Non refundable deposit is $TBApp payable at time of booking, final balance due 90 days before departure.
- Payment plan available, please enquire
- Note: not all dietary requests can be met while trekking in Nepal. Please check with us about any allergies or aversions you may have before booking.
A very good level of fitness is required for this trek. The highest point while trekking is approx. 5600m. Trekking at higher altitudes comes with risks of altitude sickness. Please consult your medical practitioner prior to booking if you are unsure. A completed medical form is required as well as a doctor’s clearance letter to participate in this trek if you have pre-existing medical conditions.
- Big Heart Adventures ioMerino hiking top and head sock
- Big Heart Adventures trip specific training sessions and or program
- Big Heart Adventures discount card for pre-departure purchases at Scouts Outdoor Centre (15% off)
- Big Heart Adventures experienced Outdoor Leader with you
- Big Heart Adventures journal
Group First Aid kit and emergency communication device
- A comprehensive pre-departure information kit
- Hotel nights in the hotels specified in the itinerary; based on standard rooms on twin share Tea house accommodation while on trek*
- Meals as per the itinerary (all meals on trek, with boiled drinking water provided)
- Entrance fees and English speaking Nepali guide for sightseeing days
- Transport as per the detailed itinerary, including international airport arrival & departure transfers as well as your flights to and from Lukla for yourself and your guide, including transfers and taxes
- Your trekking guide, assistant guide/s and porters, with all their transport, equipment, insurance and including their meals and accommodation
- A first aid kit with basic supplies appropriate for the group size and trek route – if you require specific medications it is critical that you discuss this with us prior to your trip departure
- Trekking permits and registration fees
- *Note: The local tea houses are basic but clean and they do not often have attached bathrooms or hot showers. The price is based on twin share and does not include any extra charge that lodge owners may levy for single rooms, attached bathrooms or hot showers (if these facilities are available) or for battery charging. We can’t know in advance what they may charge for such things in the different lodges along the way, so we prefer to leave this cost out, rather than pass along an estimated charge to you.
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary
- Items of a personal nature
- Services and activities not mentioned in the detailed itinerary – eg any additional sightseeing on Day 17
- Any gear or equipment that you may need to rent/buy – please ask us if you would like any advice about gear to bring/buy/rent – sleeping bag and walking pole rental is possible from Kathmandu
- International flights to and from Kathmandu
- Nepal visa fees and international airport taxes
- Any excess baggage charges
- Comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation and rescue evacuation should this be required for any reason (we require this as the minimum insurance cover)
- Additional nights, optional trips and sightseeing tours outside the detailed itineraries above
- Single supplement, please see single supplement charge – $400pp
- Personal expenses (eg mineral water/soft drinks/bar bills, entrance/photography fees at monasteries, laundry, telephone calls, postage, donations, extra snacks etc)
- Any extra charge that tea house owners may levy for single rooms, attached bathrooms, or hot showers (if these facilities are available) and charging of batteries
- Tips for your trekking crew, city guide, drivers, hotels, restaurants etc (please ask if you would like guidance about appropriate tips)
Meet your hosts
Lisa is the founder of Big Heart Adventures and brings an extensive portfolio of personal adventure travel as well as boundless enthusiasm & proven expertise in travel planning. Lisa’s attention to detail and passion for curating unique experiences has allowed her to plan travel, adventures & holidays for an extensive demographic of clients over many years.
An experienced adventure traveller, having completed expeditions including the Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea, Inca Trail in Peru, Mt Kinabalu in Sabah, Overland Track in Tasmania, Milford and Routeburn Tracks in New Zealand to name a few, Lisa knows first-hand the challenges and amazing reward that exploring the outdoors adds to your life.
Your guide, and yoga teacher.
Price - TBA
Per Person Twin Share
Secure your spot today with a $TBA email@example.com