INCA TRAIL PERU
Hosted Challenge Trek with a jam packed, culturally enriching, nature hugging National Geographic adventure through the Amazon Jungle and the iconic Machu Picchu.
Join Big Heart Adventures on this epic 15 day Challenge trip through Peru. You can either hike the Inca Trail (subject to permit availability) or join us for a guided visit of Machu Picchu (non-hikers welcome).
Hosted by Chief Adventurer Lisa Murphy, this is your opportunity to experience the immensity of the Andean mountains, the unique wildlife of the Amazon jungle and a visit to the floating island communities on Lake Titicaca.
Be a part of travel that gives back!
Small group, active, challenging trek on the Inca Trail with a day pack and adventure through Peru
Date: 27/05/20 – 10/06/20
Start: Capital Cities, Australia
Finish: Capital Cities, Australia
Type: Challenge Trip
Group Size: Up to 15 + host
Investment: $6,999 per person
Date 29/05/19 -12/06/19
Start Your capital city, Australia
Finish Your capital city, Australia
Type Wise Woman Walking
Physical Rating ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Group Size Up to 15 + hosts
Investment $7,299 per person | twin share
Project Peru is a small, lively, totally voluntary charity offering food, clothes, shelter, education and fun to those who live in a children’s refuge in the desert shanty towns of Lima, and giving ongoing and practical support to those who live in extreme poverty in the local community. The refuge in Zapallal cares for over 40 children and offers real opportunities to children and staff alike:
Return economy flights from your capital city in Australia.*
Domestic flights within Peru
All meals provided as per the itinerary in Peru
B x 14 | L x 7 | D x 5
Group & Luggage Transfers
11 nights accommodation Peru
3 nights camping
Guided ruins tours
Lunch with a local family
Please note itinerary can be subject to change at anytime.
- A second non refundable deposit of $1,000 is due October 1st 2019
- Access to the Inca Trail is not guaranteed and require a permit to access. The earlier you book the better your chance of confirming your permit. If the Inca Trail permit is unavailable for the group we will be offered the Lares Trek instead
- Full payment is due at time of booking
- Single rooms not available on this departure
- A minimum of 9 travellers are needed for a private and hosted departure
- Itinerary and price subject to change at any time. See full terms and conditions on our booking form. Please note we calculate any currency conversions on the day of payment
A high level of fitness is required to complete 4 days of walking the Inca Trail. You should able to walk up to 8 hours on steep terrain at altitude with a 35-litre backpack weighing up to 7kg. A completed medical form is required and a doctor’s clearance may be requested.
- Return economy flights from your closest Australian Capital city. PLEASE NOTE prices for certain cities can vary please confirm when booking
- Domestic air travel within Peru
- Cusco Planetarium Excursion
- Traditional Andean Experience
- Lake Titicaca Community Home Lunch
- 3 day excursion to the G Adventures exclusive rainforest lodge
- Sacred Valley tour including Pisac and Ollantaytambo ruins.
- Optional 3 day Lares Trek hike with local guide, cook and porters.
- OR Cusco/Aguas Clients stay with scenic train.
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu.
- Guided tour of Taquile and Uros Islands on Take Titicaca.
- All transport between destination and to/from all activities.
- Big Heart Adventures Host(s)
- Big Heart Adventures ioMerino top and Bluff (head sock)
- Big Heart Adventures training sessions and or program
- Journal and Pen
- Travel insurance.
- Meals and drinks not stated in the inclusions or itinerary.
- Items of a personal nature include any medications.
Meet your hosts
Lisa is the founder of Big Heart Adventures and brings an extensive portfolio of personal adventure travel as well as boundless enthusiasm & proven expertise in travel planning. Lisa’s attention to detail and passion for curating unique experiences has allowed her to plan travel, adventures & holidays for an extensive demographic of clients over many years.
An experienced adventure traveller, having completed expeditions including the Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea, Inca Trail in Peru, Mt Kinabalu in Sabah, Overland Track in Tasmania, Milford and Routeburn Tracks in New Zealand to name a few, Lisa knows first-hand the challenges and amazing reward that exploring the outdoors adds to your life.