WILDERNESS TRAIL | KANGAROO ISLAND
Join Big Heart Adventures as we immerse ourselves in varying landscapes, the symphony of wildlife and stunning natural features of the Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail.
Our tour is designed to provide you with the full sensory experience of this amazing trail. We hike the entire length from the Flinders Chase Visitor Centre to Kelly Hill Caves, and we sleep in tents on the Wilderness Trail each night.
In this fully supported trek we walk amongst ancient rocky riverscapes, coastal cliff lines, sandy beaches and geological formations. We visit famous natural landmarks such as Admiral’s Arch and Remarkable Rocks, and head underground to explore the Kelly Hill Caves (all 3 are just too amazing to simply walk past!).
We boardwalk amongst the fur seals and sea-lions that visit the Arch and experience every sunrise and sunset on the Wilderness Trail while enjoying comfortable campsites and company of like-minded hikers.
Our hosts will be with you the entire way to guide, assist and take care of all the detail, so you can relax and absorb the stunning surroundings and sounds.
Bring your comfortable walking boots, camping face and an adventurous spirit for this unique wilderness trail experience.
Small group hosted adventure hiking the entire Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail from start to finish.
A full sensory experience by sleeping at campsites on the trail each night.
Date: 18/09/19 – 22/09/19
Start: Adelaide, SA
Finish: Adelaide, SA
Type: Challenge Trip
Group Size: 10 + Guides/Leaders
Investment: $1,795 per person
Accommodation: Tent – Provided
Date 27/09/19 – 06/10/19
Start Madrid, Spain
Finish Madrid, Spain
Type Challenge Trip
Group Size 12-15 + Host
Investment $2,499 per person | twin share
Know a charity or cause that would like to be involved – please contact us!
No flights required.
Can be arrange separately, contact us for more information
All meals as per the itinerary
B x 4 | L x 5 | D x 4
Private Minibus & Ferry
to and from Kangaroo Island.
All ground transport during tour
4 Nights camping, twin share tent provided, or bring your own tent
Hike the Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail,
Guided cave tour
Please note itinerary can be subject to change at anytime.
- You will be provided with a 65 litre backpack, tent, sleeping mat, cooking equipment and eating utensils
- You will need to bring a sleeping bag, rainproof jacket and pants, suitable clothing and items as per our gear list
- A minimum number of 6 travellers are required for this trip to depart
- See full terms and conditions on our booking form
A high level of fitness is required to complete the Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail. Itinerary is based on long walking days hiking with a full pack, however we do include backup luggage service if you want to walk with a daypack and have your heavier possessions waiting for you at camp each night.
- Big Heart Adventures ioMerino hiking top and head sock
- Big Heart Adventures trip specific training sessions and or program
- Big Heart Adventures discount card for pre-departure purchases at Scouts Outdoor Centre (15% off)
- Big Heart Adventures experienced Outdoor Leader with you
- Big Heart Adventures journal
- Group First Aid kit and emergency communication device
- A comprehensive pre-departure information kit
- Hiking the Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail (start to finish)
- Ranger guided tour of Kelly Hill Caves
- Visit to Remarkable Rocks
- Visit to Admirals Arch and get up close to the fur seals and sea-lions that visit there
- Back up service to transport items/equipment between campsites each day
- Private transport, Adelaide CBD to and from Kangaroo Island
- All private transfers while on Kangaroo Island
- Freshly prepared lunch on days 1 and 5
- All meals and snacks on the Trail (light weight, high energy, long life food)
- Backpack (65Ltr), tent (2 person), sleeping mat, cooking gear and eating utensils
- Camping overnight in tents on the trail
- Opportunity to shower and freshen up on final day
- Park and Trail fees
- Comprehensive travel Insurance.
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary
- Gear not included as stated in the Equipment List Information Sheet
- Sleeping bag
Meet your hosts – to be announced
Lisa is the founder of Big Heart Adventures and brings an extensive portfolio of personal adventure travel as well as boundless enthusiasm & proven expertise in travel planning.
Lisa’s attention to detail and passion for curating unique experiences has allowed her to plan travel, adventures & holidays for an extensive demographic of clients over many years.
An experienced adventure traveller, having completed expeditions including the Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea, Inca Trail in Peru, Mt Kinabalu in Sabah, Overland Track in Tasmania, Milford and Routeburn Tracks in New Zealand to name a few, Lisa knows first-hand the challenges and amazing reward that exploring the outdoors adds to your life.
Amanda Panazzolo is originally from Adelaide though she has lived in Western Australia and for a short time in the UK. Travel is in her blood and she has shared many adventures with her husband and three children in Australia and throughout the world. She enjoys many styles of travel including hiking and camping though sometimes she also likes having access to a few extra luxuries and an art gallery or two.
A “jack of all trades” but most recently she was a secondary school tourism teacher and a graduate in Ecotourism studies. Travel has always been her first passion, walking and hiking were later additions to her list of hobbies. With her husband in tow, Amanda walked 400 km of the Frances route of the Camino de Santiago de Compostela in 2016 and then solo in 2017 for 700km of the same path. The Camino is a call to self and it has been calling her name for many years.