NORTHERN ENGLAND | UK
Awaken the cockles of your heart while experiencing the vast and visual beauty of Northern England’s lakes, dales and moors. This majestic journey is a 300+ km long distance trail that traverses Northern England from west to east, through three distinct national parks – the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales and the North York Moors.
We start by the Irish Sea at the coastal village of St Bees, Cumbria, and walk through striking extremes of craggy mountains and breath-taking Lakeland vistas, to remote hills and dales along windswept and sometimes boggy trails.
Along the way we visit some of Yorkshire’s unspoilt villages and meander along the ever widening River Swale, to the ancient town of Richmond which is overlooked by one of the greatest Norman fortresses in England. We end by dipping our boots at Robin Hood’s Bay, marking the end of an epic adventure.
Alfred Wainwright who completed this trip in 1972 and published it as a long distance trail, stated it was the “grandest territory… of sustained beauty, variety and interest”.
A small group of hikers who want the experience of a physical challenge through stunning scenery – expansive coastlines, dense forests and majestic mountains.
Date: 5/7/20 – 23/7/20
Start: St Bees
Finish: Robin Hood Bay
Type: Challenge Trip
Group Size: 16 + Guides/Leaders
Investment: $4,779 per person, twin share
Accommodation: 18 nights – quality accommodation
Date 27/09/19 – 06/10/19
Start Madrid, Spain
Finish Madrid, Spain
Type Challenge Trip
Group Size 12-15 + Host
Investment $2,499 per person | twin share
Know a charity or cause that would like to be involved – please contact us!
Photos by Tina Jameson.
International Flights NOT included.
Contact us for assistance
All meals as per the itinerary
B x 18
Passenger transfers between accommodation if needed
18 nights quality accommodation
Guided and supported walk along the Coast to Coast
Free day in Grasmere to rest or explore
Free day in Richmond to rest or explore
Please note itinerary can be subject to change at anytime.
- See Big Heart Adventures full terms and conditions here
- A minimum number of travellers are required for this tour to depart
- Please do not book flights or other travel arrangements until we have guaranteed our departure
- Limited single rooms are available for a surcharge
- Itinerary and price subject to change at any time
A moderate level of fitness is required to complete the Coast to Coast. Itinerary is based on full days hiking with a daypack.
Varying terrain is present throughout and some physical preparation is recommended prior to departure.
- Big Heart Adventures ioMerino hiking top and head sock
- Big Heart Adventures trip specific training sessions and or program
- Big Heart Adventures discount card for pre-departure purchases at Scouts Outdoor Centre (15% off)
- Big Heart Adventures experienced and qualified Outdoor Leader with you
- Experienced and knowledgeable Local Guide with you for the journey
- Big Heart Adventures journal
- A-Z Adventure Series map book
- Group First Aid kit and emergency communication device
- A comprehensive pre-departure information kit
- Passenger transfers between accommodation if unable to walk on any day
- Luggage transfers daily to each nights accommodation
- 18 nights private facilities/ensuite good quality accommodation twin share
- 18 breakfasts
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance (compulsory to have on all our international trips)
- International and domestic flights
- Travel arrangements to the start and from the end of the walk
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary (suggested budget for lunch $10 AUD /day and dinner $40 AUD /day)
- Items of a personal nature
- Single rooms – limited – $999 extra for own room
Your host: Tina Jameson
Lisa is the founder of Big Heart Adventures and brings an extensive portfolio of personal adventure travel as well as boundless enthusiasm & proven expertise in travel planning.
Lisa’s attention to detail and passion for curating unique experiences has allowed her to plan travel, adventures & holidays for an extensive demographic of clients over many years.
An experienced adventure traveller, having completed expeditions including the Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea, Inca Trail in Peru, Mt Kinabalu in Sabah, Overland Track in Tasmania, Milford and Routeburn Tracks in New Zealand to name a few, Lisa knows first-hand the challenges and amazing reward that exploring the outdoors adds to your life.
Amanda Panazzolo is originally from Adelaide though she has lived in Western Australia and for a short time in the UK. Travel is in her blood and she has shared many adventures with her husband and three children in Australia and throughout the world. She enjoys many styles of travel including hiking and camping though sometimes she also likes having access to a few extra luxuries and an art gallery or two.
A “jack of all trades” but most recently she was a secondary school tourism teacher and a graduate in Ecotourism studies. Travel has always been her first passion, walking and hiking were later additions to her list of hobbies. With her husband in tow, Amanda walked 400 km of the Frances route of the Camino de Santiago de Compostela in 2016 and then solo in 2017 for 700km of the same path. The Camino is a call to self and it has been calling her name for many years.