MARIA ISLAND TASMANIA
Join us for one of Australia’s Great Walks, the Maria Island Walk in Tasmania! This trip is perfect for beginner Wise Women Walkers who would love the idea of a multi-day walk with no heavy backpack and all the comforts and trimmings of stunning 3 course meals and wine while enjoying the stunning scenery and wildlife Maria Island has to offer.
This is a trip designed to Find Yourself, Be Yourself and Challenge Yourself.
Secure your spot today!
AUD $250 deposit.
Small female group, nature immersion, short walks and day walks, staying in comfortable ? star accommodation.
19/02/18 – 25/02/18
Wise Woman Walking
Up to 10
$3,899 per person
Date 19/02/18 – 24/02/18
Start Hobart, Tasmania
Finish Hobart, Tasmania
Type Wise Woman Walking
Physical Rating ♦ ♦
Group Size Up to 12
Investment $3,899 per person | twin share
Part proceeds from this tour will support Essentials 4 Women SA.
For disadvantaged women, Essentials 4 Women SA aim to provide the basic, but costly, items for feminine hygiene including sanitary products and underwear.
Their passion for helping women promises to help empower and enhance the wellbeing and dignity for some of the most vulnerable people in our community.
Return boat ride between Hobart and Maria Island
Additional meals provided as per the itinerary
B x 6 | L x 4 | D x 3
Group airport transfers
Bus to and from Triabunna
2 nights in Wilderness Camps twin share on Island
1 night in historic heritage listed Bernacchi House
3 nights twin share accommodation in Hobart
4 day Maria Island Walk
Please note itinerary can be subject to change at anytime.
Here you enjoy lunch overlooking the crystal azure waters of Shoal Bay before taking a walk to the tranquil Casuarina Beach camp.
This afternoon explore the trail through the tall eucalypt forest down to the spectacular Haunted Bay.
In the evening, after a fine Tasmanian gourmet dinner, stroll along the beach at sunset with a glass of wine.
(breakfast, lunch and dinner)
(breakfast, lunch, dinner)
We will wander through the world’s largest stand of giant Tasmanian blue gums and can choose to climb the peaks of Mt Maria or Bishop and Clerk. It’s a 700 metres climb through rare “cloud” rain forests. As you can imagine, the views are simply breathtaking.
That evening we arrive at Tasmanian’s fascinating World Heritage listed settlement of Darlington where we stay at the elegant colonial Bernacchi House and enjoy a final night banquet with fine wine.
(breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Distance: 9-17 kms
The walk takes us through a variety of spectacular woodlands and forests with rare endemic birds, wallabies and wombats on show. We continue on to the dramatic sea cliffs of Fossil Bay and then head down to the remarkable fossils at Fossil Cliffs.
Arriving back at Darlington we enjoy a celebratory farewell lunch before boarding the boat to go back to the mainland Tasmania and Hobart.
We return to Lenna of Hobart and Salamanca Terraces for our final stay.
Distance: 4 kms
We will meet for our final dinner together this evening to end our trip on a high!
You can choose to extend your stay and explore more of beautiful Tassie, ask us how!
- Non refundable deposit is $250 per person payable within 7 days of booking, final balance due 60 days before departure. Payment plan available, please enquire.
- Limited Single Rooms available on request in Hobart only – add supplement $435 per person to twin share price. If there is no-one to share a room with you, you will be required to pay a single supplement. We will match you with a room mate at your request.
- A minimum of 6 travellers are required for this trip to depart with a host. Itinerary and price subject to change at any time. See full terms and conditions on our booking form. Please note we calculate any currency conversions on the day of payment.
This walk is considered easy to moderate.
Perfect for beginners to multi-day walkers (no heavy packs)
- 4 day Maria Island Walk.
- 4 day twin share accommodation and meals whilst on island.
- 3 night twin share accommodation in Hobart.
- 8 x Group training walks in the Adelaide Hills before departure.
- Big Heart Adventures Bluff
- Big Heart Adventures Host
- Domestic flights to and from Hobart.
- Items of a personal nature such as medications, phone calls, laundry, drinks, etc.
- Travel Insurance.
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary.
- Optional activities offered outside of the inclusions.
Meet your host
Lisa is the founder of Big Heart Adventures and brings an extensive portfolio of personal adventure travel as well as boundless enthusiasm & proven expertise in travel planning.
Lisa’s attention to detail and passion for curating unique experiences has allowed her to plan travel, adventures & holidays for an extensive demographic of clients over many years.
An experienced adventure traveller, having completed expeditions including the Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea, Inca Trail in Peru, Mt Kinabalu in Sabah, Overland Track in Tasmania, Milford and Routeburn Tracks in New Zealand to name a few, Lisa knows first-hand the challenges and amazing reward that exploring the outdoors adds to your life.
Departure February 2018
Secure your spot today with a $250 deposit.