SPAIN – CAMINO DE SANTIAGO TREK
Join Big Heart Adventures on a spiritually uplifting walking journey on the Camino in Spain. Up to 12 Wise Women Walkers, will take on the final 100km of the Camino from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela enjoying all the Spanish scenery, cuisine, wine and culture along the way, concluding with a beachside stay in Finisterre to relax and recharge.
Hosted by experienced Camino walker Amanda Panazzolo and Chief Adventurer Lisa Murphy, join Big Heart Adventures for the opportunity to Find Yourself, Be Yourself and Challenge Yourself…
Small group, active, moderate trek on the Camino with a day pack and staying in comfortable accommodation, luggage transfer service included on the Camino.
01/09/18 – 15/09/18
Wise Woman Walking
Up to 12 + hosts
$3,999 per person
Date 03/09/18 – 26/09/18
Start Madrid, Spain
Finish Santiago, Spain
Type Wise Woman Walking
Physical Rating ♦ ♦ ♦
Group Size Up to 12 + hosts
Investment $3,999 per person | twin share
Part proceeds from this tour and funds raised by our Big Heart Adventurers will support Catherine House.
Their mission is to offer recovery-oriented support that works with women accessing their emergency accommodation and services, helping them to achieve greater personal well-being, social and economic participation and a meaningful and satisfying life:
No flights included.
Can be arranged separately, please contact us for more information.
All meals provided as per the itinerary in Spain
B x 13 | L x 0 | D x 1
Group & Luggage Transfers
2 nights accommodation Madrid
12 nights Galician ‘Casa Rurales’
1 night Parador de Monforte de Lemos
Casa Rurale Dinner
Camino de Santiago Trek
Please note itinerary can be subject to change at anytime.
- Non refundable deposit is $1,000pp payable within 7 days of booking, final balance due 60 days before departure.
- Payment plan available, please enquire.
- Limited Single Rooms available on request – add supplement $850 per person to twin share price. If there is no-one to share a room with you, you will be required to pay a single supplement. We will match you with a room mate at your request.
- A minimum of 6 travellers are required for this trip to depart. Itinerary and price subject to change at any time. See full terms and conditions on our booking form. Please note we calculate any currency conversions on the day of payment.
A good level of fitness is required to complete 8 days of walking the Camino. You should able to walk up to 8 hours on hilly terrain with a 35-litre backpack weighing up to 7kg. A completed medical form is required and a doctor’s clearance may be requested.
- 2 night Madrids – 4 star hotel
- Train journeys between Madrid and Monforte de Lemos and Santiago de Compostela
- 8-10 group weekend walks commencing 8 weeks prior to departure
- Group transfer Monforte de Lemos to Sarria
- 1 night Parador de Monforte de Lemos
- 12 nights in charming Galician ‘Casa Rurales’
- Breakfast Daily
- Private Room with en-suite
- 1 dinner included at ‘Casa Rurale’ (location to be advised)
- Luggage transfer each day from hotel to hotel (1 bag up to 20kg per person)
- Pilgrims Passport per person
- Spanish Phrasebook
- Sarria to Santiago Camino Guidebook by John Brierley
- Waterproof map & document case
- Daily luggage tags
- Maps of hotel locations
- Dedicated local support person for reassurance
- Big Heart Adventures Host(s)
- Big Heart Adventures IOMerino Top and Bluff (head sock)
- Journal and Pen
- Travel insurance.
- Flights to/from Spain (if you book your flights with us, you receive complimentary arrival transfer in Madrid).
- Meals and drinks not stated in the inclusions or itinerary.
Meet your hosts
Lisa is the founder of Big Heart Adventures and brings an extensive portfolio of personal adventure travel as well as boundless enthusiasm & proven expertise in travel planning. Lisa’s attention to detail and passion for curating unique experiences has allowed her to plan travel, adventures & holidays for an extensive demographic of clients over many years.
An experienced adventure traveller, having completed expeditions including the Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea, Inca Trail in Peru, Mt Kinabalu in Sabah, Overland Track in Tasmania, Milford and Routeburn Tracks in New Zealand to name a few, Lisa knows first-hand the challenges and amazing reward that exploring the outdoors adds to your life.
Amanda Panazzolo is originally from Adelaide though she has lived in Western Australia and for a short time in the UK. Travel is in her blood and she has shared many adventures with her husband and three children in Australia and throughout the world. She enjoys many styles of travel including hiking and camping though sometimes she also likes having access to a few extra luxuries and an art gallery or two.
A “jack of all trades” but most recently she was a secondary school tourism teacher and a graduate in Ecotourism studies. Travel has always been her first passion, walking and hiking were later additions to her list of hobbies. With her husband in tow, Amanda walked 400 km of the Frances route of the Camino de Santiago de Compostela in 2016 and then solo in 2017 for 700km of the same path. The Camino is a call to self and it has been calling her name for many years.