NEPAL: CHALLENGE TRIP
Join Big Heart Adventures for 20 incredible days of exploration in Nepal. Experience the endlessly fascinating ancient city of Kathmandu and challenge yourself with 16 days of stunning trekking to Gokyo Lakes, Kala Pattar & Everest Base Camp with a crossing of the immense Cho La Pass.
This journey takes you off the beaten track affording magnificent views of the world’s highest mountains while allowing you to authentically connect with Nepal.
Small group, hosted active, challenging trek involving hiking at high to very high altitude. Comfortable hotel both before and after the trek.
12/11/18 – 30/11/18
Up to 12
$3,599 per person
Date 29/11/17 – 09/12/17
Start Kathmandu, Nepal
Finish Kathmandu, Nepal
Type Wise Woman Walking
Physical Rating ♦ ♦ ♦
Group Size Up to 12
Investment $4,145 per person | twin share
Trekkers will raise funds for the Himalayan Development Foundation Australia’s Sponsor a Teacher project and visit Seti Devi school where projects have been funded for classroom buildings post-earthquake.
HDFA – www.hdfa.org
You can make your donations to our fundraising campaign here – thank you for your generosity!
If you are a teacher or work in the health profession, HDFA are always looking for skilled volunteers to share their skills and knowledge with local professionals. Please enquire with HDFA for more details.
Internal flights between Kathmandu and Lukla
All meals & filtered water provided as per the itinerary in Nepal
B x 19 | L x 16 | D x 17
Minibus ground transport and airport transfers
Private guide & driver
4 nights hotel accommodation
15 nights tea-house accommodation
Optional pre trek group walks
Day tours in Kathmandu
Trekking in the Himalayas to Everest Base Camp
Please note itinerary can be subject to change at anytime.
- Non refundable deposit is $1,000pp payable within 7 days of booking, final balance due 60 days before departure. Payment plan available, please enquire.
- Limited Single Rooms available on request – add supplement $500 per person to twin share price. If there is no-one to share a room with you, you will be required to pay a single supplement. We will match you with a room mate at your request.
- A minimum of 8 travellers are required for this trip to depart with a host.
- Itinerary and price subject to change at any time. See full terms and conditions on our booking form. Please note we calculate any currency conversions on the day of payment.
An extremely good level of fitness is required to walk at altitudes (over 5500m). Completed medical forms are required when booking.
A doctor’s medical clearance may be requested.
- Accommodation as specified in the itinerary; based on standard rooms twin share.
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Boiled or filtered drinking water will be provided on demand, instead of mineral water due to environmental concerns.
- Transportation as per detailed itinerary.
- All transfers for tours included in Kathmandu
- Return flights to and from Kathmandu-Lucla, including airport transfers and airport taxes.
- Guide, sherpas and porters depending on group size.
- All crew member’s transport, equipment, insurance, meals and accommodation.
- A first aid kit with basic supplies appropriate for the group size and trek route – if you require or are taking specific medications it is critical that you discuss this with us prior to your trip departure
- Trekking permits and registration fees
- A charity contribution to the Himalayan Development Foundation Australia.
- Optional pre trek group walks
- IOMerino Top
- Big Heart Adventures Bluff
- Big Heart Adventures Host
- International Flights to and from Kathmandu
- Items of a personal nature such as medications, phone calls, laundry, drinks, etc
- Tipping – a guide will be provided in our pre-departure kit
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Meals and drinks not stated on itinerary
- Optional activities offered outside of the inclusions
Meet your host
In 2010 Janice walked the Kokoda trail with her 17 year old son and from this beginning, the interest in walking grew and wonderful friendships developed.
The passion for exploring and trekking has taken her to beautiful landscapes in both Australia and overseas. These include Tour Mt Blanc, Mera Peak, Patagonia, Machu Picchu, Dolomites and Croatia and memories sustained for a lifetime.
Walking has challenged Janice at times, but the achievements have surpassed anything she could have imagined before 2010.
It gives Janice great pleasure to assist others to also reach their walking goals.
When she is not walking she is a registered nurse and outside of work finds joy spending time with her grandson, family and friends.